A+ Case Black Pearl WCR Edition ATX Case
This is an interesting watercooling case reviewed by overclock3d. In the installation, however, they ran into a number of fairly serious layout problems taht to me seem to be huge strikes against the case- it seemed that in the end, you're better off hacking the case of your choice to fit your gear properly- Despite this they give it a 91%
Hearing that the Black Pearl was "Water Cooling Ready" certainly seemed to be the icing on the cake, however after trying to install several radiators inside the Black Pearl it was clear that only a small selection of radiators would fit. This is not a fault of A+Case, as there's no way they could possibly create a case that would work universally with all radiators - but it's certainly something to bear in mind before making any purchases. In addition to this, installing a radiator inside the case covers over the lower two expansion slots on most motherboards, possibly causing problems for users with add-in soundcards.
Overall the Black Pearl WCR is a great case that has the quality and looks to take on the best cases that Lian Li and Silverstone have to offer. Retailing for around £170 the case certainly isn't suitable for those on a budget - but as the saying goes: "You get what you pay for" - and this is certainly true for the Black Pearl.
• High quality, all aluminium construction.
• Sexy looks - one of the best on the market.
• Designed with water cooling in mind.
• Stealth drive bay covers.
• Integrated fan controller.
• Other small touches like thumbscrews throughout.
• Radiator location blocks two expansion slots.
• PSU area might not be long enough for certain PSU's
• A little expensive, but cheaper than some other similar cases.
• Professional water cooling ready case.
• High class aluminium construction
• Aluminium mesh side window
• Blue illuminated Aplus logo, blue LEDs and backlit power and reset button
• Adjustable 4-channel fan controller with fan speed and temperature display
• Total of 15 drive bays
• 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x audio and 1 x firewire connectors are on top
• Up to 8 x anti-vibration rubber mounted hard disk cooled by a 120 mm fan
• 7 external 5.25“ bays
• All 5.25“ drive bays are fitted with an easy snap design, but also can additionally been fixed with screws
• Two removable hard disk cages can fit 8 hard disks
• Two 120 mm fans, one in the front and one in the back
• Air vents on the bottom for perfect ventilation
• RoHS compliant
More from Overclock3D.net
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:16 AM.|