Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29, 2006, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Björn3D reviews 2GB Mushkin XP2-8500 dual kit

"In July of this year I had the pleasure of reviewing Mushkin's Redline XP2-8000 DDR2 memory. While the final outcome of the review showed extremely favorable results for this product, it took a total of three weeks and two revisions of the article to get it right. This was due in no small part to using a new motherboard in the review that was a pre-release review sample that would not function to its full capability. I purchased the post-release version of that board and repeated all the performance tests which quashed my original results and showcased the Mushkin Redline XP2-8000 as one of, if not the best memory products on the market at the time of that review.

Even though the outcome was positive I vowed never publish another review with more than one untested product in my test system. That product would be limited to the subject of the review alone. All in all the series of events that transpired taught me a very valuable lesson and I also gained one of the best memory products of the time to use as my reference memory in my test rig. To date I still use this memory religiously in all my product reviews as I have yet to find a product that will substantially top it's performance.

Today that may all change and I may be procuring this reference sample as my new reference memory to use as I will be reviewing the Redline XP2-8000's big brother, XP2-8500. This time we'll testing the memory's performance with an Intel Core 2 Duo based system whose components are tried and true and should easily be able to push the XP2-8500 to its potential and beyond. Please join me to see if we have another winner on or hands or just another contender."

More @ Bjorn3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton