Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2009, 06:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I actually have a retail EVGA card on the way.

To be honest with you guys, I didn't really push for a sample for launch due to the simple fact that there wasn't a single retail card available other than the Palit model. If I can't review what you guys will be able to buy, there is next to no point in us actually spending the time on an article. At least that is the way I think about it...
LOL. That makes sense to everyone here I think. I like that almost all the reviews here are retail products.
Old March 9, 2009, 04:03 PM
Top Prospect

That review seemed to be very Nvidia biased, even if the 250 is a decent enough product. The benchmarks seemed to be hand picked to favor nvidia cards. The frame rate differential in the games tested seemed absurd, compared to my experiences with my own GTX260 and 4870's (first 512, then 1gb). The conclusion was ok though.

I'm a big fan of the unbiased reviews done here on hardwarecanucks.
Old March 10, 2009, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Evga 9800GTX+'s stickers stomp that ones stickers all to hell, lol I really like the look of the 9800s better but thats just me =P overall had this been around when I picked up my 9800GTX+ SC I probubly would have went with this if for the power consumption alone.