Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2007, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default ASUS Vento 7700 Case review by TechGage

Kinda reminds me of the 1980s idea of futuristic- looks like it might be quite useful if you're moving your computer around alot, but there are a few issues:

All in all, the Asus Vento 7700 is good case that with some redesigning, could be great. I am a bit hesitant to recommend anyone who isnít completely in love with the looks of the case because not only is the airflow poor, but the price of $130 (US) is a bit steep as well. I personally dislike aluminum cases greatly because they feel flimsy but in the Ventoís case, all of the molded plastic on the outside add a great amount of rigidness to the case and this is welcome in my book. Taking everything into consideration, the Asus Vento 7700 gets a 7 out of 10.
  • Pros
  • Handles rule!
  • Tool less design
  • Front door swings upward and over the case
  • Front LED lights behind the vents
  • Aluminum
  • Cons
  • Front Door feels flimsy
  • $130 is a bit much for what you get
  • 80mm fans (thereís a reason most cases no longer use these)

More from TechGage