Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2007, 08:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Logitech X-240 2.1 Music Center Speakers: TechGage

Here's TechGage's latest review of these Logtech 2.1 Speakers. Since my stereo is in the oppose end of my house, I'm in the market for some decent computer speaker, but I think I might keep looking- I'm interested in taking advantage of my 5.1 capabilities for gaming. Unfortunately for me, there doesn't seem to be anything out there that defied the "you get what you pay for" rule of speakers. Anyone got a recommendation?

For anyone who's looking for more serious music performance from their 2.1-channel speaker system, I still recommend spending $150 or more. In fact, Razer's upcoming Mako 2.1 system is expected to cost in the neighborhood of $350, so high-quality sound will continue to command a premium price.
What you get for your additional money, however, is vastly more detailed reproduction, beefier construction, greater materials quality, and greater output potential. As for the X-240 speakers from Logitech, I'm awarding them a Techgage score of 7. While they don't threaten the market of more expensive product offerings, they represent their price category quite well.
  • Pros
  • Very affordable
  • Decent sound quality for the price
  • Intelligent electronics
  • Integrated music player stand is a thoughtful inclusion
  • Cons
  • Not particularly detailed reproduction
  • Limited bass output
  • Cheap-feeling construction

More from TechGage

Also, you can check out yesterday's review from TechGage of the Vantec NexStar LX NAS.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; May 31, 2007 at 08:25 AM.