Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2009, 11:42 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Edit: 'd. You gonna make a thread for that board review?
beat me by a couple minutes...

EVGA X58 SLI Review Comment Thread

there is more 16X / 8X goodness posted there already ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
@MpG & 3oh6

I was just reading the X58 SLI review, and I was so excited to see the results of x16/x16 vs. x16/x8 that I pretty much skipped right ahead to it...Perhaps it's because the video cards simply don't need all that bandwidth/throughput yet
bingo...that is simply the case. i am hoping to have a couple heavier duty cards on hand in the next couple of weeks to continue testing with, i'll be sure to post results here as i know plenty of folks are interested. it is funny, it was the first thing i wanted to test once getting the board so it is fitting o hear it was the first thing some folks are looking at

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Also, 3oh6, I'd just like to thank you for the review, I thought that every aspect of it was thoroughly covered, and I especially liked that you took the extra time to test it with 2x16 SLI, X16/X8 SLI, and 2x8 SLI. Thanks to your review, I have no doubts that I bought the right board for my i7 setup . Now if only that dang RAM would arrive...
thank-you...glad you enjoyed the review and you are sure to enjoy the board. i have found it quite easy to work with once you get the hang of i7 clocking and more than stable for daily grind work...not to mention it loves benching.
Old January 7, 2009, 12:42 AM

Imo the NF200 chip is ridiculous. The first time I saw it I said "You can't just say 2=4 and call it a day."

Yet another useless piece of engineering that was created at the behest of the marketing department :(

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old January 7, 2009, 01:40 AM
Top Prospect

Plus, These are technically in 32/16/16 and dont forget that GPU's are still CPU Limited at this point.
Old January 7, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Aye, I think so as well. Perhaps when 32nm rolls around we will see some insane performance levels due to the wider bottleneck, but that may still be some time.

Now when are those 40nm GPU's coming out? Nvidia's got the 55nm GTX295 and GTX350, but then you have ATI who is supposedly cooking up a 40nm monster; Only time will tell
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One