Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2007, 08:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default NZXT Duet HTPC Case review by OKW @ JonnyGuru

JG takes a break from PSUs with the HTPC case by the knowledgeable Oklahoma Wolf. This sace is well laid out for the small size, with some neat features like a side-ducting system for PSU cooling. It also accomodated a very large Ultra heatpipe cooler. OKW gives it a 9.5 out of 10.

Aesthetics (40% of final score): This is one gorgeous case, I must admit. Love the matte black finish on it, and the aluminum front panel actually makes the gray of my TV look tacky in comparison. Man, I need me a plasma, bad. Or a front projector. I'm going take off half a point for leaving that PSU duct beige, give this thing a 9.5, and start saving money now.
Functionality (40%): The rather ingenious PSU mounting system in this case helps it a lot here, as does the two 120mm fan locations that double as extra internal 3.5" bays. That solid and well built front door also helps. Unfortunately, arriving two standoffs short of a complete full size ATX mounting solution is going to cost it some here. I'll give it another 9.5.
Value (20%): The Duet is going for $79.99 at Newegg as I type this. My only thought is, for that kind of money, all the standoffs should have been there with perhaps a few black fan mounting screws thrown in for good measure. But, it's still not that bad a value, so I'll give it an 8.
Aesthetics: 9.5
Functionality: 9.5
Value: 8
Final Score: 9.5
(rounded up from 9.2)

More at JonnyGuru