Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2006, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HotHardware's mid-range GeForce 7 Series roundup

" The recent release of the GeForce 8800 series means two good things for those in NVIDIA's camp: for benchmark junkies there's a new set of cards to put through their paces. And for those with less lofty goals, it means that that the prices for the existing crop of card should soon start dropping. Thus, it's a win-win situation for everyone involved - the buyers, the shops, and, of course, NVIDIA itself.

Shopping for a GeForce 7 card is akin to stopping at Baskin Robbins these days, with so many flavors to choose from. We decided to grab one of those little plastic spoons and do a little of the sampling for you. Up for today's taste test are MSI's NX7900GT-VT2D256E-HD, a pre-overclocked 7900 GT also featuring HDCP support, and two cards from Asus: the EN7900GS TOP/2DHT/256M/A and the EN7950GT/HTDP/512M/A. The former card also comes overclocked by default, and by a large margin, while the latter card sports 512MB of RAM as well as HDCP support (all 7950 GTs come with this as a standard)."

More @ Hot HardWare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton