Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2007, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gentoo 2007.0 review by TechGage

Rob Williams at TechGage reviews the latest Gentoo update. Despite some installation snafus, he was happy with the update.

Like most major distros, it's not that often that we see a new release from the Gentoo team. In fact, it's twice a year, which is still more often than few others. The difference with Gentoo though, is that the new releases are not always awaiting much anticipation, since the bulk of the updates can be had through the system updater, Portage. If you keep your system up to date, you already have 2007.0. This article will be primarily written for those already familiar with Gentoo, but if you are a new user wanting to know what it's all about, you can read my "Why Gentoo" section from a previous article.