Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Reviews & Articles from the Web

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Zalman Fatal1ty Cham1onship Series FC-ZE1 Chassis

This case is all about the hype and the multi-font logos and decals scrawled all over it....and, oh yeah!- performance. Sometimes, just sometimes, the John Wendall (his slogan is "Stay Cool" ) endorsed stuff is actually worth a look, and I was interested to see if this case was worth the money (350 USD!!). I have my doubts, although to be fair, it is solidly built with a couple of innovative features. Suffer through the atrocious grammar if you dare.

Some people may thing the Zalman Fatal1ty FC-ZE1 Chassis is over-kill with its 4~5mm thick aluminum panels, but that is not the case. The aluminum insures that any vibration generated internally stays there and is never heard on the outside of the case. Combine this great chassis with Zalman's ZM600-HP power supply and you may end with a system that is damn near perfectly silent.

More from Hi-TechReviews
Old May 3, 2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not a fan of this guy or the products he endorses but this case got pretty good reviews and I kind of like it. I just wish it didn't have all those retarded decals all over it.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:55 PM
Rookie

It looks like it was "pimped" by some guy in grade 9 doodling on his trapper keeper.
Old May 3, 2007, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I'm not a fan of this guy or the products he endorses but this case got pretty good reviews and I kind of like it. I just wish it didn't have all those retarded decals all over it.
Oh come on now, they could fit more decals on.
Yeah 99% of the stuff named after him is crap, we maybe not crap persay but wayyyyyy over priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old May 3, 2007, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I wonder if he's realized that due to all these endorsements there's a backlash again him and he's become the laughing stock of the gaming world.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old May 4, 2007, 04:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, but he'll be a rich laughing stock, and honestly- I don't blame him a bit- I would accept all those endorsement deals if I was offered- now he spends his time gaming, travelling, grimacing for the odd picture, and raking in cash.

It's a rare and wonderful thing to get rich by doing exactly what you like doing (especially when that thing is playing video games)- all the power to him, but it's our perogative to make fun of the stupid hyped marketing that these manufacturers are using.

This is one Fata1ty product that I actually see people buying, and see the occasional person recommend, but I'd still be embarrassed to have it in my sig, and if i had 350 to throw down on a case, I would buy a mountain mod.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; May 4, 2007 at 04:48 AM.