Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Reviews & Articles from the Web (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/)
-   -   Tech ARP reviews Windows Vista Final (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/reviews-articles-web/101-tech-arp-reviews-windows-vista-final.html)

Supergrover December 12, 2006 04:21 PM

Tech ARP reviews Windows Vista Final

Windows Vista has finally gone RTM! That's short for Release To Manufacturing, tech parlance for the final or gold version of the product. Although end-users will not be able to buy it off the shelves until January 30th, 2007; Windows Vista is already available to corporate users.

In fact, Tech ARP was treated to a sneak preview which also doubled as a launch for Office 2007, Vista and Exchange Server 2007 or L.O.V.E, for businesses. Who said geeks aren't creative?

So, yes, Windows Vista is finally completed and is available to businesses right now. We only have to wait until January 30th, 2007 to get our own copy of Windows Vista.

Earlier, we did a comprehensive review on Windows Vista Beta 2. If you compared that review with what we will cover today, you will be able to see just how much work has gone into polishing Windows Vista before it is rolled out to end-users like us.

More @ TechARP

UNESCO December 12, 2006 10:23 PM

using Vista RTM right now; not having support for a bunch of programs that I frequently use in XP really is annoying me

I'll be switching back this week - bye bye Vista until better software support!

Misoprostol December 12, 2006 11:02 PM

I've been playing around with Vista 32 RTM for a couple days. I truly find it MUCH slower than XP in day to day tasks though. That and I have no sound drivers for it yet... I dunno if I'm gonna jump on this bandwagon yet.

Gav December 13, 2006 07:54 AM

Although it's still alot better than RC2 I don't think i'm going to use it for my main rig yet either. I'm having driver and program issues as well that will need to be ironed out first.

I may load Vista on my Media PC so I can see if it's any better than MCE. Assuming I can find all the drivers for it as well.:(

Supergrover December 13, 2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misoprostol (Post 390)
I've been playing around with Vista 32 RTM for a couple days. I truly find it MUCH slower than XP in day to day tasks though. That and I have no sound drivers for it yet... I dunno if I'm gonna jump on this bandwagon yet.

I will be waiting myself, Gaming in RC2 for me blew. Lack of sound drivers was the same for m, I game and listen to music on my PC.:mad:

Misoprostol December 13, 2006 07:30 PM

Auzentech is promising Vista driver development on their web site. At this point, even though they're relatively unheard of, I'm more hopeful about them than I am about stupid Creative... I should be able to switch to Vista relatively soon. If I keep having issues, maybe I'll wait for SP1 or so. I dunno, I like to be an early adopter, but I truly find it slower than XP, even though supposedly it's better optimized for multi cores...