Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2008, 03:09 PM
Rookie

Default Please expert help fo bios settings

Hello

Can you tell me what is the diference betwwen Actual fsb and Fsb.I can see two different setting in my mobo.The Actual fsb which will be multiplied by multiplier and give me cpus speed and another fsb which (qdr) and is set to 1333.sth.Additionally please someone tell me if i will be able to install
TW3X4G2000C9DF with a q9550 in my rampage extreme.And the correct fsb and actual fsb for my cpu and modules .furthermore please explain to me what fsb-memory ratio means and what fsb-memory clock.And all the rest if you dont mind.

Any help will be aprecited .

I really need your replies in order to undersand how things work for first time in my life.

System Clocks
CPU Multiplier: ?
FSB Frequency: ?
EPP 2.0 Memory : AUTO
CPU Multiplier: ?
FSB - Memory Clock Mode: ?
FSB - Memory Ratio: ?
FSB (QDR), MHz:?
Actual FSB (QDR), MHz: ?
MEM (DDR), MHz: ?
Actual MEM (DDR), MHz: ?

Regards
Mike

I will be expecting your explainations about all the points with questionmark.

computer experts please give me your answers.
Old August 6, 2008, 03:59 PM
Banned
F@H

CPU Multiplier: this multiplied by the FSB gives you your cpu speed
FSB Frequency: speed the board runs at
EPP 2.0 Memory : this is a function of memory to apply "overclocked" settings outside of JEDEC standards for your ram.
CPU Multiplier: some motherboards have an option to enable .5 multis on 45nm cpus
FSB - Memory Clock Mode: ? Unsure
FSB - Memory Ratio: your memory runs at a multiple of teh FSB to get it's rated speed. @ 400FSB, x4, DDR 12800 runs @ 1600mhz
FSB (QDR), MHz: this is the "marketing" speed of your board
Actual FSB (QDR), MHz: as the last one, marketing.
MEM (DDR), MHz: Again, marketing. the memory ratio multiplied by the FSB gives this speed
Actual MEM (DDR), MHz: as above
Old August 6, 2008, 04:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you want to put NCIX.com - Buy Corsair XMS3 Dominator TW3X4G2000C9DF DDR3 2X2GB 4GB DDR3-2000 CL 9-9-9-24 Memory Kit - TW3X4G2000C9DF In Canada. into ASUSTeK Computer Inc. with NCIX.com - Buy Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Quad Core Processor LGA775 2.83GHZ Yorkfield 1333FSB 12MB Retail Box - BX80569Q9550 In Canada. I don't think there will be any problems, except maybe trying to pay for it! :help: LOL That's some expensive stuff. $1000 for ram is crazy dude. But to each his own.

As for all bios Q's, check this out. Overclocking Guides