Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2017, 12:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I had to RMA a Corsair HX 1 kW PSU....of course they want to see a reciept...doesnt everyone...to prove that the product is stiull under warranty ?????? !!!!!
No problem at all with the RMA ....smooth sailing....so you guys are saying you shouldnt need proof of purchase or reciept to RMA a component that dies??? Good luck with that
I think you are missing the point. I had the kit replaced with another kit that has completely different Ic, speed and capacity and was a special deal that I had to fight tooth and nail for, and that kit died, so I don't have a receipt for that kit. My rma history is in my user profile, and if they cared to look it is proof right in front of their eyes. They choose no.

Also, we are complaining that even if you get the stuff as a gift, getting warranty is a Lamborghini tooth pull. Ifl you want to see an rma system that works like a charm with no receipt, look at Asus. It is serial number based and I have never needed a receipt once. The low blow comes whenever you have a problem that is one hair outside of their (corsair) perview. For the premium you pay for corsair, I decided other alternatives are a better fit for me. I have spent thousands on Corsair gear, and won't be doing it anymore. Like I said, RMAs are always awesome when you don't have trouble. It's when you have a small issue is when you find out how a company stands up to their warranty claims.

So far my Bdie Gskill 32G kit is the bees knees. If they hump me on RMA legalese one day, I will move on.

Dick Kickem
Old December 13, 2017, 02:13 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I had to RMA a Corsair HX 1 kW PSU....of course they want to see a reciept...doesnt everyone...to prove that the product is stiull under warranty ?????? !!!!!
No problem at all with the RMA ....smooth sailing....so you guys are saying you shouldnt need proof of purchase or reciept to RMA a component that dies??? Good luck with that

That's not at all what is being discussed nor mentioned. Other companies usually warranty based on date of manufacturing (serial number) but Corsair doesn't. Corsair charges a premium for their product but also imposes severe restrictions on their warranty (including requiring authorized distributors in addition to being the original owner). Turtletraxs reply sums it up. There are quite a few that don't need a receipt or invoice to provide customer service or RMA. It's a matter of which company is willing to provide customer service and not hide behind receipts, invoices, authorized distributors etc. I've also had to dispute and argue with Corsair about warranties before.
Old December 14, 2017, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Then dont buy Corsair...that simple really ;) There always cons to every product....I simply disagree with the title of this Thread....persoanally I dont think Corsair sucks :)

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916
MARK 11: 32.530
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12496075

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

Old December 14, 2017, 09:07 PM
Allstar

The real point and conclusion is to buy from a company who provides customer service and an actual transferable/guest warranty. If Corsair is going to advertise and charge a premium for their product then they need to support it with customer service equal to other manufacturers. Otherwise Corsair (which they already are) are no longer the Corsair which once used to warranty based on serial number. And yes Corsair did before warranty based on serial number but as they grew and became bigger and had more controlling interests and shares went the complete opposite direction of where they originally started. Also I'm not sure when that HX1000 RMA happened but that's an EOL/discontinued power supply so it wouldn't be considered "recent" in my opinion. The fact that me and Turtletrax share similar opinions of Corsair products should say in regards to their direction of warranty and customer service policies.
Old December 15, 2017, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The real point and conclusion is to buy from a company who provides customer service and an actual transferable/guest warranty. If Corsair is going to advertise and charge a premium for their product then they need to support it with customer service equal to other manufacturers. Otherwise Corsair (which they already are) are no longer the Corsair which once used to warranty based on serial number. And yes Corsair did before warranty based on serial number but as they grew and became bigger and had more controlling interests and shares went the complete opposite direction of where they originally started. Also I'm not sure when that HX1000 RMA happened but that's an EOL/discontinued power supply so it wouldn't be considered "recent" in my opinion. The fact that me and Turtletrax share similar opinions of Corsair products should say in regards to their direction of warranty and customer service policies.
I was mistaken it was my AX 1.2kW I RMA'd....regardless,.....your entitled to your opinions as I am ....good luck moving forward, hopefully your future Corsair products and customer support arent so unpleasant!

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

Old December 22, 2017, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey Turtle Wax and Dark night why dont you guys throw in a "last say" so I dont have to have my name associated with "Corsair Sucks" everytime I surf the forum.....thanks guys....Merry Christmas!!!

Old December 22, 2017, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've almost always bought Kingston RAM...but then again, while I don't get deals, a Kingston rep is a friend. :)