Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2016, 07:29 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 16GB Review Comment Thread

DDR4 modules have been pushing the boundaries of speed but with their new Trident Z 3600MHz kit, G.Skill have focused upon delivering extremely low latency as well.

Read more here: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 16GB Low Latency Kit Review
Old February 26, 2016, 01:32 AM
MVP

It may sound like a broken record, but reviewing memory seems so pointless and predictable now. For the majority of the benchmarks, the top of the line, high bandwidth and tight timings memory, is neglibly close to the bottom of the line modules.

It's already happening with video cards, SSDs.. It'll eventually become like smartphones where you just buy the whole device; where the more you spend the better it is.
Old February 26, 2016, 08:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree and yet I do think that HWC gets a shiny new set of ram in exchange for the review... so not pointless for HWC... :)
Old February 26, 2016, 08:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Check out the review though. This is actually one of the first kits that's limited by the MOTHERBOARD and not the processor. ;)
Old February 26, 2016, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey just want to say thank you for including more games. There are some sites that show significant improvements with higher speed ram but I doubted that. So looks like at best case 1-2 frames more.

For other tasks yes it does improve greatly but I mostly use my computer for games, media consumption and internet browsing. So next time I build my computer I will pick up same cheaper ram. Though not too cheap .

Another thing I have noticed is that for most ram fancy heatsyncs are not needed. When you look at servers which have a much more demanding use of ram they don't even have heatsyncs at all on their ram. I buy them for aesthetic reasons alone.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."