Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   RAM (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ram/)
-   -   4 or 8gb (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ram/53268-4-8gb.html)

xboxsucx April 11, 2012 07:19 PM

4 or 8gb
 
i realize the more memory the merrier your pc runs but is there a difference beyone 8gb in performance

Silent_Avenger April 11, 2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xboxsucx (Post 619918)
i realize the more memory the merrier your pc runs but is there a difference beyone 8gb in performance

If you're doing any type of rendering go with 8gb min. Some rendering programs even crash because there's a lack of memory. Also the price of 8GB is only about $40 and sometimes cheaper so I would just go with 2x4GB modules.

Arinoth April 11, 2012 07:36 PM

I find 8GB is or should slowly become the norm due to the price and the fact games are starting to become memory hogs when running.

Adzsask April 11, 2012 08:59 PM

8GB is about $10 more, so really why not, I use 12GB and have never seen it past 6GB usage unless I was testing.

MikeFallen April 12, 2012 09:12 AM

especially with today memory hog browsers (chrome 1.5-2 gigs mem usage )

Adzsask April 12, 2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeFallen (Post 620066)
especially with today memory hog browsers (chrome 1.5-2 gigs mem usage )

WHAT! I have used chrome since day one, and have never ever seen my RAM usage go up, only time I have had that happen was an older firefox version, kept using more and more RAm slowly until you rebooted, but that was years ago.

enaberif April 12, 2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adzsask (Post 620067)
WHAT! I have used chrome since day one, and have never ever seen my RAM usage go up, only time I have had that happen was an older firefox version, kept using more and more RAm slowly until you rebooted, but that was years ago.

I've had my FF take upwards of 800-900mb lots of times


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 AM.