Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2012, 10:50 PM
Rookie

Default Running quad channel ram on p9 X79 PRO?

Just got a new motherboard the P9 X79 PRO and i was wondering what dimm slots do i use to run quad channel memory? im wanting to buy a 16 gig quad channel kit and have no idea whats a good ram to buy or what dimms to place them in on the board to get quad channel . PLease help and ty for the response .
Old January 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Your motherboard manual should be able to tell you which slots to populate on the board. Not having one, I would guess it would be all the slots of the same colour. Any quad channel kit, or any two dual channel kits with the same specs should do fine. Best results you should take a look at the motherboards Qualified Vendor List: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P9X79 PRO
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old January 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ideally you want newer model memory with XMP v1.3 to ensure you get the right timings if you set memory profile to XMP, but any ddr3 should work at stock speeds, but the memory profile might not work correctly.
Old February 22, 2012, 08:06 AM
Rookie

Default hello

Hay, hope this helps,
it was cut from the "ASUS X79 Motherboards 8-DIMM Memory Installation Guide"
Attached Images