Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2008, 02:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

lol i didn't buy vista so was not a problem for me, my computers supposedly made by asus lol, ifi had bought it i would have just got it from work for like 30 bucks lol
Old January 13, 2008, 05:08 PM
Rookie

I understand ,enaberif, but when I say eventually,I mean,in a few years.It'll mostly be a gamer for as long as possible and only take over the "household" label when our current system can't cut it any more (hopefully not this year) And I already plan on using vista home premium ( 64 bit) as my OS.For gaming purposes is 4gb of 667 better than 2gb of 800 ? (trying to keep the RAM $ under 150)
Old January 13, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I understand ,enaberif, but when I say eventually,I mean,in a few years.It'll mostly be a gamer for as long as possible and only take over the "household" label when our current system can't cut it any more (hopefully not this year) And I already plan on using vista home premium ( 64 bit) as my OS.For gaming purposes is 4gb of 667 better than 2gb of 800 ? (trying to keep the RAM $ under 150)
Thats fine but XP is STILL better for gaming over Vista and there is nothing in Vista for gaming thats worthwhile yet at all.

Personally I think people who buy Vista are just wasting their money.
Old January 13, 2008, 06:09 PM
Rookie

I was under the impression that you could no longer buy XP,that it was only available until the first week of January or something like that.Personally if I could get XP,I think I'd prefer that,but I read sp many arguments for both cases that it's really hard to decide for a new build.And since vista is the way of the future and probably sure to improve,why not get on board now ?
Old January 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I was under the impression that you could no longer buy XP,that it was only available until the first week of January or something like that.Personally if I could get XP,I think I'd prefer that,but I read sp many arguments for both cases that it's really hard to decide for a new build.And since vista is the way of the future and probably sure to improve,why not get on board now ?
You can still buy XP till some around till June maybe July if I remember correctly.
Old January 13, 2008, 06:32 PM
Rookie

Really ,wow, course now I have to do a little more research,both RAM and OS