Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2010, 09:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

@ZZLEE - I know how to place the RAM in my system, there is a primary set of slots that it boots up into. And Being a Triple channel kit I have it in the correct slots to run that way.
It is Win7 HP 64 Bit.

@Rj - I haven't even attempted to run 2000mhz, this was happening when I was trying to run it at just 1600. I'll try setting it to 2T and seeing if thats a go.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 6, 2010, 02:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

So it fails memtest86+?
Fold for team #54196
Old October 6, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
1.6v is low.. try like 1.75 or something o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Please don't take the above advice....

You beat me to it. I was about to tear LarkStarr's head off.

--

Anyways, Soul; I'm thinking it's a timing issue - set voltage to 1.65v and go in and manually set all your timings, including 2T plus all advanced timings - you should be able to reference them on the G.Skill website.

Remember the voltage to your chip is the same as to your CPU so the settings for that might be confusing in your bios.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 6, 2010, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

alot of high end ram per specifications calls for 1.65v - 1.7v in order to run at the advertised speed. running that 0.05v - 0.1v higher won't kill anything, but running ddr3@2000 even at CL9 is a little strenuous. besides it won't hurt to -try-, if all else fails.
Old October 6, 2010, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
alot of high end ram per specifications calls for 1.65v - 1.7v in order to run at the advertised speed. running that 0.05v - 0.1v higher won't kill anything, but running ddr3@2000 even at CL9 is a little strenuous. besides it won't hurt to -try-, if all else fails.
The advertised voltage for his ram is 1.6v. I'm running almost identical ram at 1.65 if I'm not mistaken. I haven't gotten around to taking some bios screenies yet. I wouldn't try 1.7v.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old October 7, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Hardware

While I'm no expert with ram and especially ocing them, consider firing off an email to G Skills. Perhaps they know something about favourable settings, issues,...

Ii did this for mine and found them to be a treasure trove of info. Good luck!!!
Old October 8, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am running at 1.69 V 1600 Mhz but its Mushkin Red Line. thats rated voltage fore them. On a X58 SLI.
Old October 8, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the 4GB version of this ram and I have never been able to run it at 2000 on mu P55 UD5. Ripjaw seems to be picky when it come to high speed. Since my trident 1600 can be stable at 2000. To me, a memory that can't run advertised speed at advertised setting should be RMA'ed ( if the problem is not coming from MOBO or CPU. But well, maybe you could PM 3oH6 since he is kind of...kick ass plaing with bios setting:P

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Okay so it looks like I am slowly getting it stable, I really honestly think that I didn't set the voltage properly (not used to EVGA Board / BIOS), nor the 2T command.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, hopefully it will prove stable (I am running it up in increments from 1066 to find the best timings/frequency). I don't care if I don't run it 2000Mhz. I would be happy with tighter timings.

My question is, do I need to tweak my BUS and Multi on my Processor as I go up in speed? I only ask because G.Skill's suggestion on clocking my RAM involves changing the ratio (still get the stock processor speed with new ratio's).
Again, usually doing my AM3 and 775 systems I am not quite used to some of the things i need to adjust.

Do I have to worry about QPI/VTT Voltage?

Thanks everyone,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 12, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What do you have your vTT set to Soul? I was not able to get my Dominator GT 2000 Mhz stable at 1866 Mhz.....with my +125mv (QPI / vTT 1.325v)....I'm pretty sure I would have to jack this up to around 1.4 - 1.425v to get it stable.....hell I couldn't even get it Post with my CPU at Stock and my RAM at 1866 Mhz 8-8-8-24 1T.....I did it get to Post with my CPU at STock and my RAM at 2000 Mhz with all Timings on Auto, but they were very slow 11- 11 -11 36 110 2T...uuggghh....

So I gave up on the Gt's (they're in the closet) and put my 12 GB older Dominators in and everything is stable at 1600 Mhz 8-8-8-24-88-1T......go figure....