Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2010, 07:55 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Kingston Factory Tour (Hsinchu, Taiwan) Comment Thread

Kingston is one of the largest and best known memory manufacturers in the world but their production facilities are usually hidden from prying eyes. In this article, we take you deep within Kingson's factory in Taiwan in order to see the birth of the products we all buy....

READ FULL ARTICLE
Old July 29, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Neat. Any reason why Kingston is inviting journalists to check out their plants? Hope you had a nice trip :)
Old July 29, 2010, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

That Tech Report journalist has one long ass name.
Old July 29, 2010, 08:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Very cool. I envy you MAC. I have a Diploma in Robotics and Automation from BCIT, and it's amazing to see how production lines have changed in the last 20 years.
Old July 29, 2010, 08:47 PM
Banned
F@H

man i figured mac'd be on a quest by now!

edits : overall a nice clean little article. bravo.

Last edited by _dangtx_; July 29, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old July 29, 2010, 09:56 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Neat. Any reason why Kingston is inviting journalists to check out their plants? Hope you had a nice trip :)
Companies do it all the time when they know that lots of media are in town. Just some more publicity for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Very cool. I envy you MAC. I have a Diploma in Robotics and Automation from BCIT, and it's amazing to see how production lines have changed in the last 20 years.
Thanks

I'll be posting an article about Gigabyte's factory in Taiwan in about 2-3 weeks. I have another event to cover first though
Old July 30, 2010, 05:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Ram

It looks like a great place to work. The production rate and failure rate is phenomenal! Thanks for the walk through pics of your tour. It seems there is quite a bit of equipment needed to produce and test these things. I hadn't realized just how much of the market Kingston has.
Looking forward to the next in a couple/three wks.
Old July 30, 2010, 07:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I had the chance to check out NCR's plant when it was still active in waterloo, and a few other manufacturing (going to school, tours and such) and it is astonishing the processes and machines used. This rivaled the 20+ year old tech we had at my college which we worked on for our few courses in robotics and automation.

Great review and i'm rather envious as well as i'd love to go tour that and other manufacturing plants.
Old July 30, 2010, 08:56 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I had the chance to check out NCR's plant when it was still active in waterloo, and a few other manufacturing (going to school, tours and such) and it is astonishing the processes and machines used.

Great review and i'm rather envious as well as i'd love to go tour that and other manufacturing plants.
As an NCR technician I wouldn't mind seeing this.

As for the Kingston one, that was very cool. I thought they'd have some sort of other magical way of testing memory. I really didn't expect to see hundreds of motherboard/cpu combos set up.
Old July 30, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Very cool man, interesting to see for sure