Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15, 2010, 03:58 AM
Banned

I compared the performance of Windows 7 with that of Windows Vista , a lot of readers expressed interest in seeing a comparison with the decade-old, but still popular, Windows XP. So I decided to see how each of the three operating systems compared to each other in several crucial categories.

Thanks
Old July 15, 2010, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well windows xp is a great OS windows vista is a terrible OS I think that vista is like the old windows me in that it was a OS to basically test because they were working towards windows 7 like windows me was a work between when they were going towards windows xp.
like I mentioned earlier if xp is doing fine then stay with xp, windows 7 is a great OS but if you want to use windows 7 you might want to turn off allot of features but by turning those features off then your OS is going to look lot like xp.
Old July 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
Banned

Isn't Windows 7, 'Vista revised' or Vista 'Service Pack X?'
Old July 16, 2010, 11:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Windows 7 is basically Vista with a slightly different UI. If you like Windows 7 then you like Vista as well, no matter how much you try to deny it. The only truly meaningful technical difference between the two is that 7 allows you to run multiple different display drivers simultaneously.
Old July 17, 2010, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Ram

Most of everything mentioned here makes perfect sense. I would consider a better cpu or gpu over a new OS as you'll gain much more imho.
Old July 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Most of everything mentioned here makes perfect sense. I would consider a better cpu or gpu over a new OS as you'll gain much more imho.
keep your OS unless you REALLY want some feature of Windows 7
upgrading CPU, GPU can make a nice improvement