Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29, 2010, 11:31 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

ok so basically, according to amd overdrive utility, the only memory compatible with an 890fx chipset and a 1090T pro is Patriot, simply put by amd that is "the only brand" capable.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusD View Post
ok so basically, according to amd overdrive utility, the only memory compatible with an 890fx chipset and a 1090T pro is Patriot, simply put by amd that is "the only brand" capable.

Hold that thought actually.

I went and ordered the Patriot EK series from Newegg, and paired it with a 1090T with a 870A-UD3 motherboard.

The end result? No BEMP available for download. What a scam! Hopefully it is just the motherboard that is unsupported, or it will be supported soon.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:44 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

too much marketing and money making going on in this business, would be nice if the manufacturers tested this for us "consumers" may take some of the fun out of it, but could also remove some gray hairs.

I would love to buy a motherboard and have it actually be compatible with "everything"???

edit:I went and returned my asus crosshair IV and picked up a Biostar TX890-FXE, long story, but anyways the Biostar board came with the memory utilities that will upgrade your ram to work with the specific overlocks done to the rest of the system, called Biostar "memory Toverclocker" which loads updates automatically or manually, the entire utilities dvd that came with this board makes the asus utilities look ten years older, had no idea biostar was this serious about theyre product, even if the PCI-e slot placement is horribad

Last edited by SugarJ; May 31, 2010 at 08:09 PM.