Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2010, 03:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default I need to troubleshoot my ram

I cannot live on 1gig it seems, AT ALL. So I want to sort out the problems I have with my other 3 sticks

I just need general trouble shooting, I've run memtest86+ and apparently only 1 of my 4 sticks works (I had 2x2gb installed and 2x1gb in storage) and when I took out the 2x1 they were fine and now only one works, and both the 2x2 are bringing up errors as well. They are not overclocked in anyway. never have been, so any tricks on how to make them work again would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 22, 2010, 04:07 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I cannot live on 1gig it seems, AT ALL. So I want to sort out the problems I have with my other 3 sticks

I just need general trouble shooting, I've run memtest86+ and apparently only 1 of my 4 sticks works (I had 2x2gb installed and 2x1gb in storage) and when I took out the 2x1 they were fine and now only one works, and both the 2x2 are bringing up errors as well. They are not overclocked in anyway. never have been, so any tricks on how to make them work again would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like a possible motherboard issue... but if you can confirm they are truly dead on another machine, you might be able to take up the ram manufacturer on any lifetime warranties they may have
Old March 22, 2010, 05:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you could try under clocking them and upping the voltage a little at a time but this does sound like motherboard if they worked before.
Old March 25, 2010, 01:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Maybe try testing again after doing a CMOS clear.