Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes all i can say it check out all your specs adn take it from there just to make sure that your board supports it. i just checked adn they said your fine so this is a little odd to me maybe some else has another point of view hint hint anyone every see cpuz tell wrong rams speeds supported? anyone he he
Old February 24, 2010, 03:15 PM
Rookie

the other thing is that my system is unstable when running under the 1066 bios profile... so in order to have my system run smoothly I have to put it down to 800, which means its running slower obviously.. quite annoying
Old February 24, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes but there not a big difference between 800 and 1066 i don't think you'll notice at all. but i no that's not the point. your system could be unstable for a number of reason
well for me it would be ram check first then work on the southbridge. now this is what i would do would be to set the ram voltage at it it's max then set it to 1066 adn make sure it's set to the right timings form what ocz specs are if this did not help solve the problems then i would start to look at the southbridge.

just to be sure your only upping the memory mulity? right not the fsb
Old February 24, 2010, 03:27 PM
Rookie

setting the voltage to the max I dont think is a very good idea.. but i will try upping it a bit over 2.15v and see.

The only thing I am changing is the DRAM frequency to 1066 in the AI tweaker in the bios.. not touching multipliers or fsb
Old February 24, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

p.s i meant max for the ram not for what the board will go

ok sorry only run the ram at max setting that the ram is ment to run at not what the board will go to that would kill your ram and fast

edit
it's probably going to be anywhere from 2.0 to 2.3v max for those dimms run them at what ocz says is there max safe voltage if that does not solve your problem then check out your southbridge voltage
and after all that is said and done if you have not been able to get it stable then i would run memtest on each stick individually to see if there any problems with them

Last edited by gingerbee; February 24, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old February 24, 2010, 03:43 PM
Rookie

ok I will try that right now
Old May 31, 2010, 02:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I had simliar problems with the OCZ Fatality Kit. Turns-out, there was a problem with the sticks, so I RMA'd them with no hassle. I got the Platinum kit, cuz the RMA dept ran out of Fatality Kits.

Platinum kit gave me the same problem. So I RMA'd again. Third time's a charm.

There's lots of help available at the OCZ forum/support site. The OCZ guys are really friendly and respond right away, helping you to set your timings and voltages correctly. They also help with the RMA process.

I live near the Markham RMA dept, so I just went there and did a swap on the spot. Check it out. You will find what you need there.

*EDIT* Here's the website: OCZ Memory Support And Motherboard Tuning Forum

I posted on "Support and Tuning for AMD Systems", but if you have Intel, you can post to "Support and Tuning for Intel Systems".

Last edited by cul8erppl; May 31, 2010 at 02:13 PM.