Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
Top Prospect

Default Best ram for ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo ?

I'm having a real nightmare with my OCZ OCZ3P1333LV4GK 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 CL 7-7-7-20 Dual Channel Memory Kit on this motherboard.

I'm using an AMD 955 BE C3 and I plan to OC it as high as I can on a Hyper 212+. Anyway, long story short the OCZ ram doesn't like that motherboard at all. Can someone please recommend me a really good 4GB kit that works very well with that motherboard (something TESTED and TRUE)

There's also no option in the BIOS to set the Command Rate. It defaults at 1T for a lot ram and you can't change it. It causes instability. It's the worst mobo I've ever used.

Edit: I was thinking about getting this:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820231277

Last edited by Koslov; January 28, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old January 28, 2010, 03:56 PM
MVP

It's a good choice. I've got a friend using some of those on an MSI board and he got his 955 to 4.0.
Old January 28, 2010, 03:59 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koslov View Post
... Can someone please recommend me a really good 4GB kit that works very well with that motherboard (something TESTED and TRUE)
look on the Asus website , at your model page they have a qualified vendors list for the memory.
Old January 28, 2010, 08:00 PM
MVP

That list is not a comprehensive list of all memories compatible with the motherboard, and I've heard stories of incompatible RAM that was listed. Either way, the Ripjaws will be fine.
Old January 29, 2010, 09:10 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
That list is not a comprehensive list of all memories compatible with the motherboard, and I've heard stories of incompatible RAM that was listed. Either way, the Ripjaws will be fine.
Exactly why I'm posting. It's my last ASUS board ever.
Old January 29, 2010, 09:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Koslov,

Don't hold the RAM issues against ASUS boards. All board manufacturers have gone through this and have the exact same issues. You cannot avoid it I'm afraid.
I have honestly found the most problems with RAM going back to OCZ. Any other kind worked on a lot of builds.

My Thoughts,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 29, 2010, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Very rare that G.Skill don't work. Go with G.Skill for sure.
Old January 29, 2010, 10:39 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
That list is not a comprehensive list of all memories compatible with the motherboard, and I've heard stories of incompatible RAM that was listed.
ya, but the time you was reading , probably questionable sources , (ah those google boy ) I was building rigs with Asus board, I always choose memory in the list and I never have a problem..

Last edited by MarkOne; January 29, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old January 29, 2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Stop to say stupidity ... I check and download the qualified vendor list for you board

and you memory are not listed , , your's are the low voltage series it's why you have problem with it..

you have
OCZ3P1333LV4GK

and the qualified are
OCZ3P13334GK

you will have the same problem with any board... Asus Board are very good ...but they are not idiot proof
Old January 29, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

Please keep in mind that the CPU has a lot more to do with memory (especially if overclocking) than the motherboard does - the memory controller is integrated into the processor die. Most AM3 processors don't have very strong memory controllers in comparison to i5/i7. The 550 black edition that I have won't clock at 1600MHz regardless of the board or memory that I use.

Also, with AM3, 1T command timing is standard and recommended, unlike AM2.

Could you be more specific about the issues you are having? Is it related to stability at default clock speeds? or only limited overclockability?