Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2010, 04:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
From my experience, Corsair's expensive memory tends to have a lot of RMAs, among other brands.
G.Skill has a very good track record, considering how many of their kits are sold. (think of 'em like the .12 of Seagate)
Mushkin has an elite track record, granted they don't sell as much as G.Skill. I'm using Mushkins right now!

To the op, high speed overclocking DDR2 ram is nearing it's life span. It's all about the DDR3 now, baby.
I've had Mushkin ram fail. There's luck involved too. You make the best point here - DDR2 is an old product. Demands peaked 2 years ago and then prices went up because they had to shift production to DDR3. Even Mushkin were selling dual ram kits with great rebates back then...

Buying used is probably the best thing to do with current DDR2 prices.