Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old November 10, 2009, 04:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 44

My System Specs

Default

DDR2 will only get more expensive as DDR3 is already mainstream and supply for DDR2 is steadily dropping.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old November 10, 2009, 05:57 PM
gingerbee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Posts: 6,827

My System Specs

Default

buy now it's only going up ddr3 well that's on it's way down. it's all about what the big guys are making at that moment
__________________
Fav quote "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret." Ronin Harris
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old November 17, 2009, 07:27 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: not Canada :(
Posts: 23

My System Specs

Default

i just bought 4GB for a new build, and was having the same dilemma...

i grabbed these Corsairs from Newegg. not $64.99 like they were a month ago, but not totally ridiculous... yet.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old November 17, 2009, 08:34 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,585

My System Specs

Default

Buy now, be it used or new as the price will continue to rise as it becomes phased out more infavour to DDR3
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old November 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
Oversized Rooster's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 609

My System Specs

Default

Try to find a nice used DDR2 kit from someone who's building a new DDR3 rig. If you absolutely must buy new DDR2 RAM, buy as soon as possible.

Oh man when I upgrade my rig around Xmas, I might almost make a profit in selling my 8GB of DDR2-1066. I never imagined this.
__________________
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 240GB Corsair Force 3 in RAID1 | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 2GB GTX 670 | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old November 18, 2009, 07:48 PM
r0bc's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AB
Posts: 688

My System Specs

Default

I got 2 x 4GB Mushkin Ascent kits kicking around here I should sell
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build or Wait??? jcmaz New Builds 6 July 22, 2009 09:12 AM
Buy now or wait? HermesĄ˘ New Builds 9 December 22, 2008 10:26 PM
Buy 9550 Quad or wait for Nehalem i7's? chouchou CPU's and Motherboards 8 October 23, 2008 05:00 AM
now for time to buy lcd or wait? CTA Display Units 32 October 14, 2008 06:54 PM
finally but WaiT HELP Rapid-X Troubleshooting 2 August 9, 2008 06:41 PM