Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
MVP

Default install new ram and auto reboot non stop

install new ram and auto reboot non stop

i just bought a 1gig pc 3200 stick high density ram at ebay for about 20.00 usd. once i install it.... it keeps on shutting down and reboot itself non stop. what does this mean? faulty ram? defective ram?

it also is hotter than my other ram.

i check crucial.com and it says i can mix high density and low density Computer memory upgrades for eMachines T6212 Desktop/PC from Crucial.com

could it be that it wont take 1gig stick? but crucial says i can have 4gig max....

edit: i managed to install it without problem. i install 1gb stick on the first slot and the new 1gb stick on the 3rd slot. it boot up fine and reads 2gb.

....then i tried installing two 512mb sticks together with the already 2gb.... and it still read 2gig! it seems that my system cannot be mix size of ram! help!

whole different story:
can you verify for me if this ram is high density or low density? or non ecc or ecc? it have crucial sticker on it and says ct 12864z40b.k16tky but it also have samsung sticker on it that says m368L2923fLn-ccc 0848

Last edited by hohohee; April 18, 2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old April 18, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

was it working with other sticks of ram before?
Also, clear your CMOS, that should fix your problem. If it doesn't, you'll probably need to adjust your voltages for your ram in your bios. It says that it should be at 2.6V
Old April 18, 2009, 12:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
was it working with other sticks of ram before?
Also, clear your CMOS, that should fix your problem. If it doesn't, you'll probably need to adjust your voltages for your ram in your bios. It says that it should be at 2.6V
it dont work alone when i install alone. it auto reboot itself non stop. now i jus put the new 1gb stick on first slot and the other 1gb on third slot... boots fine and read 2gb fine. then i install two 512mb on the avalible slots..... still read 2gb when it supose to read 3gig! help!

how to clear cmos?