Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2009, 09:44 PM
Trial Member

Angry Trouble with Dell XPS 140 M

My XPS M 140 had a blue screen with the error message: Stop:0x00000024(0x00190208,0x82F22CA0,0xc0000102,0 x00000000).
The blue screen would not allow me to go any further. A friend at work had a Windows XP reboot disk and used that. Now I can't do much of anything. I ran the extensive Diagnostic scan on the whole computer today. No errors of any kind. But I can't log on to the internet (when I hover over the icon in the system tray it shows "no supported wireless adapters in this system) I can't move any files by using the mouse or touchpad. I can right click, but can't select a file any other way. I don't have the Drivers and Utilites CDs, I didn't know that you need to call Dell before your warranty runs out. Now they want $199 to purchase the CDs for my lapatop computer that is only 3 years old and not used much at all. :-)

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't know what to do next.
Old March 1, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know that this is the proper forum; might I direct you to our troubleshooting section?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 1, 2009, 11:01 PM
MVP

What exactly did he do with the XP disc? A stop 24 can be fixed by doing a checkdisk, sounds like he may have formatted the system?

If thats the case you can either hunt around for the discs or use another system to go to Dell's webpage and download the drivers you need and transfer them with either a cd or flash drive.

If it's still blue screening, boot off your XP cd and press r when prompted to go into the recovery console. From there choose the C:/windows (should be number 1). Hit enter when prompted for a password and type in chkdsk /r.

This will initiate a checkdisk and replace the system files, getting you back into windows.

And yeah, this is the wrong section.
Old March 1, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKMac View Post
My XPS M 140 had a blue screen with the error message: Stop:0x00000024(0x00190208,0x82F22CA0,0xc0000102,0 x00000000).
The blue screen would not allow me to go any further. A friend at work had a Windows XP reboot disk and used that. Now I can't do much of anything. I ran the extensive Diagnostic scan on the whole computer today. No errors of any kind. But I can't log on to the internet (when I hover over the icon in the system tray it shows "no supported wireless adapters in this system) I can't move any files by using the mouse or touchpad. I can right click, but can't select a file any other way. I don't have the Drivers and Utilites CDs, I didn't know that you need to call Dell before your warranty runs out. Now they want $199 to purchase the CDs for my lapatop computer that is only 3 years old and not used much at all. :-)

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't know what to do next.
At the dell website you can download the drivers cd . but I wouldn't just for the fact that dell has allot of bloat ware just find out what hardware you have and download the appropriate drivers you could try this and just select the drivers and what not you need
Old March 2, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

In regards to drivers, you can download them from here. Since we are talking about a laptop I don't recommend going elsewhere for drivers as you may need Dell specific ones for some laptop functions (like media controls or hot keys).

Drivers & Downloads

Quote:
Shadowmeph

At the dell website you can download the drivers cd . but I wouldn't just for the fact that dell has allot of bloat ware just find out what hardware you have and download the appropriate drivers you could try this

There is no bloatware in drivers you download from Dell. Dell systems come preloaded with bloatware. With a reformat and still using Dell drivers all the bloatware is removed. Done this a number of times. You may not choose to use some drivers as they may be regarded as "bloat" by some users (like Quickset) but that's about it.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE