Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2009, 10:01 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Yep, but we wouldn't want somebody to read this thread in a few months when they're up to v2.6 and think that they should be setting that in bios....
exactly, my point wasn't what the rated voltage was, it was how you came to that conclusion.
Old February 8, 2009, 10:21 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Fair enough. They should probably be a bit less ambiguous on the sticker eh?
Old February 8, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

in all fairnous, it depends on how the sticker is made up. on all my Dominator sticks, it clearly states the voltage then verX.X...

and on older XMS2 kits i had in the past and have seen photos of online, the voltage wasn't listed, but the version that was listed as vX.X was no where near the rest of the specs. making an assumption it was volts a rather poor assumption IMO...

so i guess it all depends on their label but with the recent Dominator modules, they have already clearly removed all ambiguity.

the real solution would be that people unfamiliar with what they are stating - seemingly as fact - in forums, should either not answer unless they actually know the correct one instead of assuming based on ambiguous information provided by the questioner...which was the case here until sswilson posted.
Old February 8, 2009, 05:22 PM
MVP

alrighty guys.... thanks for all the input... and I didnt mean to stir up so much with the question..... Ill rip one out and have a look at it again to see where the info is on the stick..... I guess thats why I asked in the frist place because I wasn't sure. Maybe somene else might read this and learn something :)

thanks again guys.... its always appreciated...
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid