Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
memtest? I guess I should google it lol
No you don't - Overclocking tools of the trade
Old December 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

darn well there is something funny with that ram just not sure what ,I only did the memtests like you suggested and no errors so I tried to add the corsair ram back in but it would only boot up to the login screen then freeze again. I then pulled the coraire ram out and just ram the 4gb of the OCZ and it booted normal ( with the voltage upped .2) so then I decided to add in 2 1 gb sticks of OCZ ram ( pc2 6400) and tryed to reboot and the same thing happened . which seems strange to me because the only two differences in the ram where the size and the timings. I pulled the 2 ( 2 gig) ram sticks and put the Corsair back in with the 2, 1 gb OCZ sticks and rebooted and it runs fine. so obviously the OCZ 2gig sticks don't play nice with any other sticks that I have. how do I RMA this ram that I bought from NCIX?
Old December 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
darn well there is something funny with that ram just not sure what ,I only did the memtests like you suggested and no errors so I tried to add the corsair ram back in but it would only boot up to the login screen then freeze again. I then pulled the coraire ram out and just ram the 4gb of the OCZ and it booted normal ( with the voltage upped .2) so then I decided to add in 2 1 gb sticks of OCZ ram ( pc2 6400) and tryed to reboot and the same thing happened . which seems strange to me because the only two differences in the ram where the size and the timings. I pulled the 2 ( 2 gig) ram sticks and put the Corsair back in with the 2, 1 gb OCZ sticks and rebooted and it runs fine. so obviously the OCZ 2gig sticks don't play nice with any other sticks that I have. how do I RMA this ram that I bought from NCIX?
Contact them and explain but chances are you'll be dinged 15%
Old February 22, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok after just over two months ( off and on ) I finally have my 2X2gb ocz gold XTC memory
playing nice with my Corsair XMS 2 2X2GB memory I thouight that I would post this as solved and point to the website where I found the answer just in case anyone else ( which I doubt) ever runs into this same problem here is the link p35 ds3l board-4 gb ram work fine only on 2 volts - TweakTown Forums