Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2014, 04:53 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Reasonable price for selling two Gigabyte GTX 670s, 2GB

Hello all:

New to the forums. It was suggested by someone on NCIX forums that I should come over here and get your input.

I am considering selling my two 670s in favour of financing the purchase of a more powerful single card option, perhaps a 780 Ti. They are the Gigabyte Windforce versions (GV-N670OC-2GD). GPU prices right now are nuts, so I don't want to ask more than the cards are actually worth, but I don't want to get low-balled either! Both are in great shape, never overclocked beyond the factory overclock.

What do you think would be reasonable to sell them as a pair? I would prefer this.

What do you think would be reasonable to sell them individually?

Thanks for your time!
Old March 10, 2014, 05:32 PM
Top Prospect

Welcome to the forum. People at NCIX are great unlike other retailers (cough crap Canada Computers cough)
Do they have their receipts with them? As a pair, probably $475.
By themselves, around $250 each.
Might want to consider lower if they don't come with a receipt and box as Pabz0r545 has GTX 760s (Similar performance) around that price point.
Old March 10, 2014, 06:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord View Post
Welcome to the forum. People at NCIX are great unlike other retailers (cough crap Canada Computers cough)
Do they have their receipts with them? As a pair, probably $475.
By themselves, around $250 each.
Might want to consider lower if they don't come with a receipt and box as Pabz0r545 has GTX 760s (Similar performance) around that price point.
Thanks for the feedback! I do have the boxes, one is missing a UPC because I needed to cut it out for a mail in rebate (which quite frankly was not worth cutting the box for! ) but it is a discrete cut, and I bought them from NCIX so I could likely get the receipts.

I had one offer for $400 for the pair, but that felt just a little on the low side so I was looking for opinions. Don't sell a lot of stuff used. Decisions, decisions.

Is Pabz0r545 another user? I thought at first that was some secret code for a retailer!
Old March 10, 2014, 06:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I do have the boxes, one is missing a UPC because I needed to cut it out for a mail in rebate (which quite frankly was not worth cutting the box for! ) but it is a discrete cut, and I bought them from NCIX so I could likely get the receipts.

I had one offer for $400 for the pair, but that felt just a little on the low side so I was looking for opinions. Don't sell a lot of stuff used. Decisions, decisions.

Is Pabz0r545 another user? I thought at first that was some secret code for a retailer!
you dont need receipts or upc codes for gigabyte warranty. as long as the serial number on the card is intact on the card, then u r good to go. if you read the s/n it will begin with something like 0416 or something, meaning the warranty is valid until the 4th week of 2016.
Old March 10, 2014, 06:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
you dont need receipts or upc codes for gigabyte warranty. as long as the serial number on the card is intact on the card, then u r good to go. if you read the s/n it will begin with something like 0416 or something, meaning the warranty is valid until the 4th week of 2016.
So what are we saying here? That the warranty info means you can ask a higher price when selling? Didn't realize people would care that much when buying used.
Old March 10, 2014, 06:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
So what are we saying here? That the warranty info means you can ask a higher price when selling? Didn't realize people would care that much when buying used.
yep, value for gigabyte, msi and asus should always be higher any other brands, as these 3 are covered under warranty based on serial number. and the rest like zotac, galaxy etc, i tend to stay away from when buying used, unless the deal is really good.

so considering that. you could et 250 shipped each card. maybe 230 if you want to sell fast.

although in the past, i have asked for price check, and sometimes i get some prices suggested and then the same people would message asking to buy it lol.

gl with the sale.
Old March 10, 2014, 06:49 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
yep, value for gigabyte, msi and asus should always be higher any other brands, as these 3 are covered under warranty based on serial number. and the rest like zotac, galaxy etc, i tend to stay away from when buying used, unless the deal is really good.

so considering that. you could et 250 shipped each card. maybe 230 if you want to sell fast.

although in the past, i have asked for price check, and sometimes i get some prices suggested and then the same people would message asking to buy it lol.

gl with the sale.
That is great info, thanks! I appreciate that. I was wondering about your comment about how price check works in some cases :-) So I guess it wouldn't be unreasonable for me to expect a bit more than $400 without feeling like I am ripping someone off.
Old March 10, 2014, 06:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Just read this again. If I am selling locally and not shipping, the card price on it's own would be $240ish? That would line up with TheDarkLord's comment.
Old March 10, 2014, 06:54 PM
Top Prospect

Let's put it this way, for $400, I'd buy them both, and I have no need for them what so ever. But I do have one GTX 670 water block, so I guess that would be me trying to convince myself to buy them lol
Old March 10, 2014, 06:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Just read this again. If I am selling locally and not shipping, the card price on it's own would be $240ish? That would line up with TheDarkLord's comment.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
Since locally, try showing them working in your machine or the guys' machine so that you won't get any headache later on saying I want to return them cuz they don't work...

Tags
gtx 670 , nvidia , price check , sli