Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OP - Your card was selling brand new for almost $200 2 weeks ago with almost $100 worth of games thrown in... How much can you really expect to sell it for now used?
Old October 27, 2013, 04:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I sold a 670 for 180 and a 680 amp for 200 in the eve of the launch, right now they are worth below that. if you were to get 150 for a 7950, that would be good.
Old October 27, 2013, 04:48 PM
Allstar

OP... Don't ask If you already know what you want.

Don't waste your time or Ours.

We as Buyers and selling know a little about the game, If you cant handle it. EBAY or Kijiji your parts.
Old October 27, 2013, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Honestly....Id say more like 140-145. 150 only if it included shipping.

You can compare it to a car all you want...but you dont own even the 'cedes of GPUs. You got more like the value / 'Pinto' of 'cars'. IMHO keep it and enjoy it or sell it and take the hit. Your choice. ;)
The 7950 was second tier to the 7970 beating GTX 670 & 760 in almost everything, be more informed when trying to sound correct. (150 shipped good one you cant even get a GTX 660 for $150 ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
OP - You're welcome to post your stuff for whatever you want. The suggested prices are an opinion on what you'd actually get someone here to pay for them. And if you think you have a better idea of what they're worth, then why did you ask?

As mentioned, nobody here is going to pay premium retail price on used parts. Computer parts drop in value very quickly, and everyone here knows that. Members here also take in to account market fluctuations and factors such as price drops upcoming due to new generation releases.

But if you're that concerned about price, I'd suggest you post your computer on CL or Kij as an 'ultimate gaming rig' and sell it to someone willing to pay retail because they don't know any better. Those are the same people that will be willing to pay $200 more when you add $20 worth of LED's. (Because EVERYONE knows, the more it glows, the faster it goes...)
That is true each to their own i guess ... i was trying to get a guestimate ... of course i will be going on kijiji and such ... because shipping isnt even in the equation ... anyways thanks to all for their input the only reason i was questioning it was to understand where the people got their quotes ...

Thanks again.
Old October 27, 2013, 06:32 PM
Allstar

5 posts and this much attitude. Stick with kijiji.
Old October 27, 2013, 06:41 PM
Rookie

im done not gonna even bother ....
Old October 28, 2013, 05:53 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I did not expect this amount of response from my pricings.

All of my previous 'price checks' are in the ballpark in 'this forum'. No one questioned them (Check my BST/Price Check posts). I am more active in another forum: RFDs ... that has more larger active market watch.

OP, so my other pricings seemed OK? 8/9 ain't bad. I couldn't price the custom loop. Anyways, OP I tried to help you price them for 'quick sale' as the market in GPU has been shaking up recently ever since R series from AMD has been released.

The reason for the GPU price is that I took into account recent sale prices, brand, bundles and the recent R series to price that GPU. Once the new R series includes NEW 'Never Settle Bundles' and widespread adoption and more models to choose from from different manufacturers with custom coolers in November, prices will fluctuate even more. Nvidia has yet to strike back to jump back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
OP - Your card was selling brand new for almost $200 2 weeks ago with almost $100 worth of games thrown in... How much can you really expect to sell it for now used?
I priced your GPU because of this. There has been multiple sales of 7950 going below $200. This shows what to expect now as AMD drops the entire 7000 series line to roll out the R series. Search Google for 'redflagdeals 7950' where you can see that a 'NCIX - *SUPER HOT* Powercolor Radeon 7950 3GB' for $150 which came with Free shipping and the Never Settle Gold bundle. There has also been a PowerColor 7950 for $160 and a XFX for $190 after. PowerColor brand sells for less than other brands. I had a PowerColor card before (Radeon HD 4850) and I sold it for less than competing brands.

I was about to buy one of the three recent sales but I waiting for the new Never Settle bundles 'coming soon' for the R series to come out to sweeten the deals. I am hesitant to buy a video card ATM as the GPU wars has just started. I am going to wait till the dust settles in November when AMD releases more customized variety and Nvidia strikes back. Also with the release of Battlefield 4 soon, GPU prices may have to scale/reflect performance on that particular game. AMD might be optimized better for that particular game though.

Remember, I posted 'imho' and they were priced to what I would buy them for given what I know so far.
Old October 28, 2013, 07:25 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
5 posts and this much attitude. Stick with kijiji.
Yup me too. Why waste time with peeps like this. "760 beater" says it all.

OP my last comment to you is this: Good luck with your sale. Im sure some CL or crappy K buyer will love you over inflated prices.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr