Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2013, 06:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Computer part out 2500k + more

So right now im thinking about losing my desktop and picking up an asus g75 laptop. Ive had my fun with desktops, but ill be going up north soon and dont want to lug a desktop with me neither.

here are ALLLLLLL the components.... And what I think they are worth, PLEASE let me know if they are fair prices, or if they are too cheap lol.

i5 2500k (can do 5ghz NP CPU-Z Validator 3.1) $200 > 180
2tb Seagate barracuda (less than a month old 1TB platters) 70$
120gb Corsair SSD (Sata2) 60$
gtx 470 w/swiftech mcw60 block 140$
Asus xonar DG pci 15$
Corsair HX750 PSU 110$ > 100
XSPC X20 750 pump res combo 60$
2x4gb corsair dominator ram 1333 40$ >35
2x4gb patriot ram 1333 40$ >35
rasa cpu block 30$
xspc rx240 rad 60$
8 fans (cougar vortex/ bitfenix spectres) 40$
1920x1080 acer monitor 60$ <70 (21.5" screen
dragon age 2 Razer Blackwidow ultimate 60$ >45
RAT 7 mouse 60$ > 45
Steelseries Sensei BNIB 70$ >50
Asus P8z68 v-pro updated to latest bios for IB ???
Bitfenix Outlaw 20$

So, what would be a fair value for this computer?
1200$ total for everything?

Thanks, I hope most of these prices are fair!

Sold Items:
Steelseries Siberia V2 to MAK
Zalman Fan Controller, OCZ Mem Fan Funguseater

Lots of bad things happen in life all the time. You can't control them, so just be happy!

Last edited by Trocko; March 13, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old March 13, 2013, 09:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I would drop price of ram to ~$35 max, you can get far faster ram at near that same price these days. Power supply, well that I wouldnt go anything above $100, they are quite good dont get me wrong, but brand new being only $40-$55 more then what you are asking is a tough ask.

brand new keyboards are near what you are asking, same with the mice. everything else is a decent price I suppose
Old March 13, 2013, 10:17 AM
Rookie

Since you're in Nova Scotia, I'm sure you can charge a bit of a premium for local deals since I can't imagine there are many people selling what you have. That being said, I have been seeing 2500k's going for $180 and your psu is a bit expensive since that is around the sale price of a new unit. You can probably up the price of the monitor if it's a 23" to $80-120.
Old March 13, 2013, 11:25 AM
MVP

Yeah $200 is steep for a 2500k. I bought one BNIB in box with Xpresspost shipping for $200 tax inc a few months back.
They are on for $209 new right now at MemoryExpress too. $180 shipped would be good imo.
Old March 13, 2013, 01:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Alright thank you! :)
The motherboard now works... I just need to find if it works IN the case or not...

With all these components, whats a fair value to charge for the complete computer?

I think my plan of attack will be to list the comp on KIJIJI in NS for a week, then start to part it out.

Again, thanks for all the opinions

Sold Items:

Lots of bad things happen in life all the time. You can't control them, so just be happy!
Old March 13, 2013, 01:45 PM
MVP

If the board doesnt work in the case check to make sure there are no extra standoffs where there shouldn't be.
Old March 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

there are no extra standoffs. 9 standoffs, 9 screws. i wonder where else its hitting..... i might line the back of the case in electrical tape.

Sold Items:

Old March 13, 2013, 03:13 PM
MVP

To power it on are you using the switch in the same case or?
also, is it the Bitfenix Outlaw you are using? I'm looking at the case now, doesn't appear that there could be anything interfering. The only thing I do notice is there are a couple of stand off holes that are silver in color. Maybe try putting some electrical tape over those? Very small chance this is the issue but it could be it. Only other thing I could think of is a lose connection somewhere that works fine when outside the case. I assume you have all your cables nice and tight, and the gpu and ram. Other than wiggling cables and the above I'm stumped.
Old March 13, 2013, 03:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

at first the power button wouldnt work on the cas, so i was using the buttons on my mobo.

Now the buttons on the case work, but it still wont boot. Yes, all my cables are tight, and plugged in... and everything seems to be where it should be.

Im going to definitely try the electrical tape tmmrw... or friday. Its a lot of work to tear down a water loop, as you all know, and i dont like to do things twice in the same day... just feels wasteful haha. Plus I have this laptop.

Yeah.... stumped I am.... And yes it is the Outlaw.. The standoffs are about half the height of other ones, like in my old shinobi.

Sold Items: