Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Price Check (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/price-check/)
-   -   My TJ07.... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/price-check/56377-my-tj07.html)

mattlef August 28, 2012 09:52 AM

My TJ07....

Hey Everyone.

I'm on the verge of possibly starting something new.
I want to sell it locally, but i can ship as well...

how much for my modded TJ07 with all Case parts included?

I'm thinking $500?
Murdermod Serpentine back plate
Custom Mobotray and extension
Custom midplate
Custom sLight with passthroughs.

Painted black interior.

Might include some watercooling parts if needed.

Pics for Valuation are here

lowfat August 28, 2012 09:56 AM

Hmm. Today of all days you are selling it eh? I think I know whats up. :biggrin:

mattlef August 28, 2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 651760)
Hmm. Today of all days you are selling it eh? I think I know whats up. :biggrin:

Well, i need to fund the new project. ;)

Cptn Vortex August 28, 2012 10:41 AM

Go for $500. With all the mods done, it would take endless hours and probably $750 worth in parts to build this up yourself.

SugarJ August 28, 2012 01:01 PM

We'll see how yours sells, mine might follow. Although I don't have the Slight mod.

mattlef August 29, 2012 10:17 AM

So you guys thing that ~500 is fair?
What if i include my WC loop?
would $800 be attainable? (MCP355 w top, Multi-Option res, Thermochill 480rad, EK Supremeacy Copper/Plexi cpu block, XSPC Razer GTX580 block and Mayhems Coolant (1.25ltrs)

Shit, at 850~900, I'd throw in my GTX570 lol

Obviously local only, because I wont want to ship this beast with its weight lol.

SugarJ August 29, 2012 11:46 AM

There's probably a difference between fair and what someone is willing to pay. While I know how much time and money you've put into your build because I've done it myself, I think you might have trouble finding a buyer for the case AND loop. Anyone looking for a TJ07 is probably wanting to build their own custom loop. My opinion only, your mileage may vary, and other various disclaimers.

Realityshift August 29, 2012 11:51 AM

I see ALOT of paint work that needs to be done on the inside, and when I sold my TJ07 I didnt get near $500 and it was in near perfect shape so YMMV...

mattlef August 29, 2012 02:07 PM

Fair enough.
After considering it, and the money ive thrown into it thus far i'm just going to hold onto it.
I wont get enough return on my investment to justify selling :S

SugarJ August 29, 2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlef (Post 652084)
I wont get enough return on my investment to justify selling :S

(mod hat=off)

And that's a problem right there. When you start to consider money spent on computer parts an investment rather than considering it spent on a hobby that gives you enjoyment, it's not worth it. I'm not saying your used parts aren't worth something, because they are, but you can easily self-justify a price that no one will pay.

Between my TJ07, murdermod parts, and powdercoating I'm into my case for over $600 not including the time I've spent on it. It's looked damn good on the desk for a couple years and I still find myself admiring the lines of the case. However, when it goes up for sale it'll be below the current price of a new TJ07 or I don't think it will sell. I'll get some money in my jeans to spend on my new build, and someone will get a nice case to make their own.