Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Blackberry Curve 9300

My neighbors blackberry decided to white screen, so he gave it to me as payment for getting all of his contacts and files off of it. From my research it might just require a complete software wipe, but could possibly need a new screen, I don't have the right usb cable and I can't be bothered to do it myself. What could this possibly be worth, if not worthless.
Old August 27, 2012, 07:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

A busted Curve won't net too much, I think. Working ones are cheap on the GVRD Craigslist. Heck, I got one brand new at London Drugs for $100 and change last December.

If you or your neighbour have a Micro-USB cable, that's all you need to connect the Curve to your PC. I had a white screen and a system wipe cured its ills. It wasn't hard to do and if you're successful, I think you could do $75 if it's in nice condition. Based on my experience, I notice a lot of BB users lose their phones and need one quick to get their BBM fix, so you can probably get a decent value.

lol, you might get a lot of demand the first weekend after university starts.
Old August 28, 2012, 04:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I used his micro USB cable to rip the contacts off the phone but gave it back afterwards, did you do a full system wipe with BBSAK or within BBDM? I tried updating to BB OS 6.0 quickly before giving him the cable back but that didn't fix the white screen. (The white screen is un avoidable, and doesn't show an error but it seems the rest of the phone works fine, especially the alarm that went off at 4am and woke me up unexpectedly...)