Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2012, 04:50 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default RE i7-3930k and 520 Series 180GB

What is a good price for these? Separate and/or together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e0d7a0fy6...705_154347.jpg
Old July 5, 2012, 04:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Whats the difference between Retail Edge and a retail CPU? Depending on the price I would be interested in the CPU
Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930k | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | Nvidia 680GTX SLI | Win8 Pro 64 | EK Supremecy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | 2x EK - FC680 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Swiftech Malestorm Res | Case Labs M8 |
Old July 5, 2012, 05:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

None other then the fact the purchaser of the RE item paid considerably less for it then retail.
Old July 5, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
None other then the fact the purchaser of the RE item paid considerably less for it then retail.
That and it is against the TOS to re-sell any retail edge products. Basically, if caught, they lose their retail edge buying ability.
Old July 5, 2012, 06:00 PM
MVP

I've heard there may be warranty issues as well, but some say 'no warranty - the serial is flagged as RE and warranty only extended to purchaser' and others say there isn't any problem with warranty. Never really heard the definitive answer on it.
Old July 5, 2012, 06:38 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I have sold RE processors here before and I am willing to RMA the product on your behalf if necessary.

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Product and Warranty Information
  • Intel Processors in this program will have the standard three year Warranty that is in the sealed box.
  • Installation instructions, Warranty information, Contact information and an Intel sticker will be included in the box.
  • Intel Processors are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Program entitlement for Warranty will be for Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR)
  • For this program, Purchasers will not be entitled to Advance Warrant Replacements (AWR).

Intel® 520 Series Solid-State Drive Product and Warranty Information
  • This Solid-State Drive (SSD) qualifies for warranty support direct from Intel. SSDs in this program will have the standard five year Warranty that is in the sealed box.
  • Installation instructions, Warranty information, Contact information and an Intel Flyer are included in the box. SSDs are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Program entitlement for Warranty will be for Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR). For this program, Purchasers will not be entitled to Advance Warrant Replacements (AWR).
Old July 7, 2012, 09:58 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

from what i remebered from the original i7 (920 it was?) intel edge deal, the serial code has RE at the end of ths serial, and a copy of invoice is REQUIRED for rma, is it like thata again with these 3930k's?
Old July 8, 2012, 05:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I sold my 3930 for 375 shipped. Thats 'cheap', but I did it as a favor to the community. There is a couple floating around on RFD and here for 425ish, but they dont seem to be moving very quickly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_mo View Post
from what i remebered from the original i7 (920 it was?) intel edge deal, the serial code has RE at the end of ths serial, and a copy of invoice is REQUIRED for rma, is it like thata again with these 3930k's?
The 3930k I got for Stoanee did not have RE in the serial. I havnt RMA'd anything from my RE buys to date, so I cant say for sure about the exact process. I would say the key is just making sure you can rely on the seller to help you RMA the items if something should happen, just to be safe.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 8, 2012, 10:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you're selling RE products, I think it's best to take whatever it cost you, add maybe $25 and call it a day. Otherwise you are just taking advantage of people IMO.

I don't think many are going the LGA2011 route these days. Most seem to be sticking to LGA1155.
Old July 8, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
If you're selling RE products, I think it's best to take whatever it cost you, add maybe $25 and call it a day. Otherwise you are just taking advantage of people IMO.

I don't think many are going the LGA2011 route these days. Most seem to be sticking to LGA1155.
What did you pay for your house in toronto? I'd be glad to give you what you paid +$25 for it.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about