Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Price Check (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/price-check/)
-   -   RE i7-3930k and 520 Series 180GB (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/price-check/55269-re-i7-3930k-520-series-180gb.html)

wesamess July 5, 2012 03:50 PM

RE i7-3930k and 520 Series 180GB

What is a good price for these? Separate and/or together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e0d7a0fy6...705_154347.jpg

drkCrix July 5, 2012 03:57 PM

Whats the difference between Retail Edge and a retail CPU? Depending on the price I would be interested in the CPU

Arinoth July 5, 2012 04:24 PM

None other then the fact the purchaser of the RE item paid considerably less for it then retail.

b1lk1 July 5, 2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 639872)
None other then the fact the purchaser of the RE item paid considerably less for it then retail.

That and it is against the TOS to re-sell any retail edge products. Basically, if caught, they lose their retail edge buying ability.

Rasparthe July 5, 2012 05:00 PM

I've heard there may be warranty issues as well, but some say 'no warranty - the serial is flagged as RE and warranty only extended to purchaser' and others say there isn't any problem with warranty. Never really heard the definitive answer on it.

wesamess July 5, 2012 05:38 PM

I have sold RE processors here before and I am willing to RMA the product on your behalf if necessary.

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Product and Warranty Information
  • Intel Processors in this program will have the standard three year Warranty that is in the sealed box.
  • Installation instructions, Warranty information, Contact information and an Intel sticker will be included in the box.
  • Intel Processors are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Program entitlement for Warranty will be for Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR)
  • For this program, Purchasers will not be entitled to Advance Warrant Replacements (AWR).

Intel® 520 Series Solid-State Drive Product and Warranty Information
  • This Solid-State Drive (SSD) qualifies for warranty support direct from Intel. SSDs in this program will have the standard five year Warranty that is in the sealed box.
  • Installation instructions, Warranty information, Contact information and an Intel Flyer are included in the box. SSDs are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Program entitlement for Warranty will be for Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR). For this program, Purchasers will not be entitled to Advance Warrant Replacements (AWR).

monkey_mo July 7, 2012 08:58 PM

from what i remebered from the original i7 (920 it was?) intel edge deal, the serial code has RE at the end of ths serial, and a copy of invoice is REQUIRED for rma, is it like thata again with these 3930k's?

Sagath July 8, 2012 04:28 AM

I sold my 3930 for 375 shipped. Thats 'cheap', but I did it as a favor to the community. There is a couple floating around on RFD and here for 425ish, but they dont seem to be moving very quickly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_mo (Post 640500)
from what i remebered from the original i7 (920 it was?) intel edge deal, the serial code has RE at the end of ths serial, and a copy of invoice is REQUIRED for rma, is it like thata again with these 3930k's?

:offtopic:The 3930k I got for Stoanee did not have RE in the serial. I havnt RMA'd anything from my RE buys to date, so I cant say for sure about the exact process. I would say the key is just making sure you can rely on the seller to help you RMA the items if something should happen, just to be safe. :ph34r:

JD July 8, 2012 09:19 AM

If you're selling RE products, I think it's best to take whatever it cost you, add maybe $25 and call it a day. Otherwise you are just taking advantage of people IMO.

I don't think many are going the LGA2011 route these days. Most seem to be sticking to LGA1155.

Sagath July 8, 2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 640593)
If you're selling RE products, I think it's best to take whatever it cost you, add maybe $25 and call it a day. Otherwise you are just taking advantage of people IMO.

I don't think many are going the LGA2011 route these days. Most seem to be sticking to LGA1155.

What did you pay for your house in toronto? I'd be glad to give you what you paid +$25 for it. :thumb: