Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5, 2012, 07:48 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB

Sooo guys what do you think it would be worth?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 5, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll start the bid at 200!

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old April 6, 2012, 06:42 AM

Yeah...no. At that price point I'll just stick it back in the pile of other 240gb'ers and make a SSD castle out of em. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 7, 2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

Well if I remember correctly didnt u say you where not a fan of the sandforce drives as it is? or was that 1 of the other reviewers on here?

Anyways given the configuration of it & the still early life of the vertex 4's, I think REALISTICALY & given the date of your review of the item, quick sale i'd say $330 + shipping, otherwise $350-380 + shipping range IF you base preformance/cost vs the just launched Vertex4.

I know myself if I knew vertex 4 was just around the corner as it seems now I wouldnt have chosen a chronos deluxe, BUT maturity, good price match & preformance lead me to buy it a month or so ago.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default OCZ SSD

I had SSD like yours for sale and I could not sale it (250.00-300.00). I would make bandle sale if not you will have hard time to sale.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:38 PM

The ONFi 1 SF2281s are the ones I dont like. The toggle mode NAND (maxiops) and custom firmware SF2281s (intel 520s) are the only ones really worth paying for nowadays...UNLESS you can find one for a great price then the typical ONFi 2 drives are good too. ;)

I doubt it Kazman. I've yet to have a drive last more than 80hrs in a BST. Most go within the first 10 hours. Peeps know when they get a drive from me that A) it works b) its tested and is going to keep working c) I stand behind my kit. I am not a 27 post n00b (nothing personal).

I'll prolly do up a BST next week after Easter. Wouldnt be fair to do one now with most peeps away with fam and the like.