Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2011, 09:07 PM
Trial Member

AMD let me down, BD is worse the it's last gen, Thats all. So I am going to Intel. It dose matter what I paid new if there still selling the hardware at that price.

At any rate lets agree to disagree.
Old October 20, 2011, 09:37 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleach View Post
AMD let me down, BD is worse the it's last gen, Thats all. So I am going to Intel. It dose matter what I paid new if there still selling the hardware at that price.

At any rate lets agree to disagree.
Not really...

Computer hardware loses value over time, even if nothing new comes out, and prices stay the same. 4 months ago people weren't looking at new Intel CPUs, or new AMD GPUs coming out really soon. Now we are though, in the next 1-3 months. Bulldozer has also come out, which also affects the market. People are a lot less likely to buy AMD, as there is not an upgrade path, really. Unless they want to wager on future chips.

Retail price is completely different than used price, as the market is completely different.

I would say around $600 - $675 as a whole. Parting out will get more, as said earlier. I am not sure you will see any gains with going WC. You might even lose money.
Old October 21, 2011, 12:06 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

if you dont make your prices noticely different than retail then it gives no incentive to potential buyers to buy your good used, if i can get an amd cpu for $100 new, then $80 used wouldnt feel like a good deal because with the $20 savings i loose a store warranty and the "new" factor. I might as well buy new, so NI3 made a very good point with his 30% off retail at the time of sale, not time of purchase. Imo from a LOT OF Craigslisting my stuff people want to spend about 50%-75% of the retail price before taxes, and the sweet spot is that 65-70% range. Unless its something quiet new or that has no real alternative to it. Anyway put it up for $620 as i said, and as much as water cooling is cool for us enthusiasts the average person doesnt know the benefits of having it and dont want to deal with it so thats why they dont value it at all, hence why it actually can bring down the price.
Old October 21, 2011, 01:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_mo View Post
and as much as water cooling is cool for us enthusiasts the average person doesnt know the benefits of having it and dont want to deal with it so thats why they dont value it at all, hence why it actually can bring down the price.

* cautiously pokes water cooling with a very long stick*
Old October 21, 2011, 03:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

^random twitch occurs and your poke becomes a stab and water is gushing everywhere :D