Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Price Check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2011, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnubian View Post
I'm asking for both.

Btw, here are my settings.

Name: fido
APN: internet.fido.ca
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: fido
Password: fido
Server: 205.151.011.011
MMSC: not set
MMS Proxy: not set
MMS Port: not set
MCC: 302
Authentication Type: none
APN Type: not set
thanks, here's the ROM I'm using on the optimus:

cyanogen thunderg ota eng.mik 6.5.5.zip
cyanogen_thunderg-ota-eng.mik-6.5.5.zip

There's a whole thread on xda here:

[STICKY][REF][UPDATED 2011-08-07 23:50 GMT+1] Repository of HOWTOs, ROMs, MODs, etc. - xda-developers

I have both phones rooted with gingerbreak, and loaded with Amon_RA 2.2.1 recovery. I tried all the other 2.3 ROM's but I liked the one I linked above the most, smooth and fast compared to the stock LG android ROM with near identical similarities to the Cyanogen 7 I run on my nexus one.
Old August 13, 2011, 12:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad5ter View Post
I just bought 2 of these for my best friend and his wife as a wedding gift. I got them off ebay for 150 each and it came with a complementary car kit (Car charger + GPS dock). They came from Orange mobile, but as soon as I got them, I rooted and loaded a custom recovery and ROM. I'm running an RC1 Cyanogen 7 on the phones and they work great.

one question kingnubian, does your optimus one have 3g with Fido?? I am currently with Fido as well and am only getting Edge on the phones. Do you know what can cause this?
Orange mobile is from Europe right? UK if I remember correctly... If so then your Optimus One's dont have the right 3G frequencies for North America and the best they'll ever get is EDGE.

Telus, Bell, Rogers and all their bargain brands (Koodo, Virgin, Fido, etc.) use 850/1900 MHz HSPA, and Europe uses 2100 MHz.