Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
Associate Review Editor

Default HIS Unveils Radeon HD 4850 IceQ 4 Graphics Card

HIS has just unveiled the new Radeon HD 4850 IceQ 4512MB graphics card. This is effectively a stock card, but with a new cooling technology:
"HIS IceQ 4 is the 4th generation of IceQ cooling technology, which is endorsed by the media worldwide. Thanks to the newly designed double-slot fans and heatsink, IceQ 4 effectively dissipate the heat from the GPU, thus enabling it for high levels of performance. The newly designed heat-pipes layout shows its strength in effectively transfer heat from the core are and reducing the GPU temperature. Larger heatsink surface areas are implemented to maximize heat dissipation. HIS IceQ 4 cool down the GPU temperature dramatically when compare with the reference cooler, allow you to maximize your overclocking potential. Cooling capacity is increased by up to 20% in gaming mode.

What's more? The ultra silent and durable fan delivers ultra-quiet and stable gaming environment for enthusiast gamer. Also the HIS IceQ 4 Fan is sensitive to ultra violet light with special UV effect. "

More...
Old August 1, 2008, 10:54 PM
Allstar

Yay, HD 4850s w/ good HSFs ... Hopefully these will be priced close to reference-based HD 4850s ...
Old August 1, 2008, 11:31 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

These will probably be atleast more than $20 more expensive than the stock coolers...
Old August 2, 2008, 02:13 AM
Rookie

4850 + cooler + overclock = cheaper to buy 4870 and overclock with stock HSF solution
Old August 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

As long as they can keep the pricing close to the reference models, I think it should do well. I've never been fond of GPU sinks that dump heat back into the case--these exhaust models are a better design.
Old August 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakgeek1337 View Post
These will probably be atleast more than $20 more expensive than the stock coolers...
Most people serious about overclocking will probably spend at least $20 on an aftermarket cooler, so it's moot, IMO.
Old August 3, 2008, 06:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

Why not just wc it and be done with it and have it screaming :)
Old August 4, 2008, 05:32 AM
Rookie

Naw man...have the entire computer swim in liquid nitrogen like the Cray 4 supercomputers.