Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2008, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I do know what you mean, I've also ordered close to the same amount of stuff from them however I generally just use ground shipping so I've come to expect an order placed wed won't get here until the following tues or wed. As I said, I must be lucky so far, if I place my order (w/o price matches) by 3pm est I almost always get shipping conf. email by 11pm that night and if express it's here by noon next day (I'm in Ont.). Having said that though, I placed an order last wed. night and it hasn't been shipped yet even though "order processing" was confirmed thurs morning! Anyhow, it's a crapshoot and maybe newegg will have something better to offer when and if they get here, only time will tell I guess.

Old July 27, 2008, 09:22 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Its called Express Shipping because the shipping is expressed - It doesn`t say Express Ordering. They ship your order via the fastest shipping possible, but it is still processed at the same speed as everyone elses....

Last edited by FiXT; July 27, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old July 27, 2008, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Its called Express Shipping becuase the shipping is expressed - It doesn`t say Express Ordering. They ship your order via the fastest shipping possible, but it is still processed at the same speed as everyone elses....
LOL I sense the Sarcasm
I never use express shipping since I am about 5 hours away from ncix, I usually get my items the day after they ship.

Except for 2 times they shipped via ground CP because my info has a PO box, mind you they shipped out countless orders via Purolator with the same info then 1 day they decided not to.
Yeah still mildly pissed about that since CP takes 3-4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 27, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

You guys are very right, that .ca domain has been existing for a long time now. Hopefully this is really true that they come to Canada.

They will have to do something really special for us ncix lovers to buy something once or twice from them (newegg). If they think they are going to survive here in Canada by shipping from the US and make us pay extra fees for shipping, they need to think again.

Competition will be huge once again. Thanks for the news SKY
Old July 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

Yeah, I only have two buffs with NCIX.
1. Horrible, horrible, horrible site navigation, setup and severs. They need to completely rebuild the site.
2. Processing orders can take long periods of time for no apparent reason (all items in stock). Watercooling parts are the worst, you are guaranteed to wait an extra day if you order any watercooling parts.

I rarely order in a rush as I don't deal with clients outside of the family, therefore I rarely ever in a rush, unless I have a hardware failure and I'm in an emergency to find a replacement. If this scenario ever occured, NCIX would be the last place I'd look and I'd likely just accept the hit from buying from a local store.
James
Old July 28, 2008, 10:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_8970 View Post
Yeah, I only have two buffs with NCIX.
1. Horrible, horrible, horrible site navigation, setup and severs. They need to completely rebuild the site.
2. Processing orders can take long periods of time for no apparent reason (all items in stock). Watercooling parts are the worst, you are guaranteed to wait an extra day if you order any watercooling parts.

I rarely order in a rush as I don't deal with clients outside of the family, therefore I rarely ever in a rush, unless I have a hardware failure and I'm in an emergency to find a replacement. If this scenario ever occured, NCIX would be the last place I'd look and I'd likely just accept the hit from buying from a local store.
James
They must hate you then... lol

My last 5 orders shipped same day (one included Water cooling parts) I would of had them all next day if purolator would stop leaving my packages in edmonton for a day "awaiting connection" they never use to do this, just latley lol.

I agree somewhat that its a pain int he butt to find ceretain thigns on there site sometimes but the search function usually gets me there quick. and whats wrong wiht there servers? I neve rhave slow down or problems veiwing there site.
Old July 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Newegg Marketing has confirmed to me that they will be open before the end of the year. More details to follow....
Old July 28, 2008, 12:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragenrok View Post
I agree somewhat that its a pain int he butt to find ceretain thigns on there site sometimes but the search function usually gets me there quick.
Heh, if the search function works. Many times I just get reverted to the home page.

Quote:
and whats wrong wiht there servers?
I get many, sever too busy "error" right now. I'm assuming NCIX implemented it to off load the excess traffic when they get hit hard, this way, users will get timed out, rather then NCIX having their severs crash. I can hardly wait till December.......

Don't get me wrong, I like NCIX, but I'm not a loyal customer. They have numerous flaws in their site that need to be addressed and if it weren't for their PM feature, I'd likely have begun shopping elsewhere.
James
Old July 28, 2008, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have never had the issues you describe with NCIX.. And the site layout is fine imo, but I do wish they had more pictures of the items in the regular sections and not just in the sale and clearance and such sections.
Old July 28, 2008, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

Hurray! Now I wish Newegg would have its headquarter to be located in Ontario (*cough*NCIX*cough*) so I can buy sweet new hardwares at cheap prices FAST!

Another good thing is that NCIX will now have a direct major competitor, which is good for the customers... right?