Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I hope you're right SKYMTL. As I said, I am merely speculating and the thought of some real CS has me wanting to see this up and running now instead of later. I won't crap this thread up with my negative thoughts anymore, I will just monitor it for the good news to come.

HTPC: Dell 960 SFF Q9550/Corsair 8GB/X4500HD/128GB SSD

Old August 1, 2008, 08:26 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Hey, if you have negative thoughts please post them. I happen to like hearing people interjecting a bit of caution into the air.
Old August 1, 2008, 09:13 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I think the CSR job openings are a very good indication that they are prepared to go to great lengths for us Canadians considering both opening are for FULLY bilingual CSRs. Last I checked only one Canadian etailer I have used in the past offers English and French support and that is Sohodiffusion.

If there are others then I will eat my words but from my experience, other out of Quebec etailers that are more than happy to ship nation-wide, couldn't give a hoot about the 8 million+ francophones who live in Canada.

In all reality, if this possibility of bilingual customer service is a sign of the things to come, then we may very well get Newegg's great service here as well.
Wow.. CSR at a computer etailers.. imagine the mind numbing idiocy you have to deal with there

"Hello??!?? I posted my order at 11:59PM on Saturday and it didn't get processed until 8am Monday.. WTF??!?!? GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES, LOOK ON THE SHELF BEHIND YOU AND GET ME MY PART!!!!"

ahhh...
Old August 12, 2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Worst case scenario is that it will allow us to price match with Newegg on Ncix now.
Heh, the same Skymtl from NCIX forum. That's most likely going to be what most ncix's "loyal customers" will do just like we do most of the time with DC. The only reason I would order on DC instead of price-matching through NCIX, would be to use the bonus of having free ground shipping on a order of 300$ and over, cause on NCIX its ridiculous to pay 2500pts and often the shipping is more expensive. Like they don't have the "Ground Shipping Promo 10$" that DC have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Today NCIX is in the same league for prices, egg just has more selection.
Exactly. So I'm always going to buy on NCIX and price-match, unless there's an item that only NewEgg have, or if they offer cheaper shipping for an item at the same price.
Old August 12, 2008, 11:23 AM
MVP
F@H

dc = ncix = tddirect = plus one more business oriented storefront.

At least newegg doesn't make their business complicated from what I can see - one company, one price, good service (from what I have heard).

Can any Yanks on the forums tell us about their service experience with NewEgg?

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Old August 14, 2008, 11:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Once this comes to Canada I guess its bye bye to NCIX and DirectCanada.

Old August 15, 2008, 01:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
dc = ncix = tddirect = plus one more business oriented storefront.

At least newegg doesn't make their business complicated from what I can see - one company, one price, good service (from what I have heard).

Can any Yanks on the forums tell us about their service experience with NewEgg?
More like..

NCIX = DC Canada = TD Direct :P I think theres a fourth in there but I can never remember.
Old August 15, 2008, 03:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..'Ant'.. View Post
Once this comes to Canada I guess its bye bye to NCIX and DirectCanada.
Why? We can just price match from the egg and laugh in spite of them never shipping to Canada before.

Old August 15, 2008, 04:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Why? We can just price match from the egg and laugh in spite of them never shipping to Canada before.
If you read the thread few pages before, I think that was the puzzled question that many had, which most of us think that ncix may not accept PriceMatches done on the egg, that is they may allow or may now, time decides.
Old August 15, 2008, 08:09 AM
Rookie

I got an email newsletter from newegg.ca today, they seem to be slowly moving forward. They've also updated the newegg.ca site a little bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for subscribing to the newegg.ca Newsletter!

Please allow up to 24 hours for our servers to update your subscription preferences.

By subscribing to our newsletter, you will receive:
  • Additional savings on Newegg's hottest products
  • Latest updates on hot new product releases and 24-hour sales
  • Sweepstakes and giveaways from top brands
Please note these benefits are only available to newsletter subscribers!

If you have any questions, please use our LiveChat function.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your newegg.ca Customer Service Team

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is only for the person(s) named above. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the person(s) named above, or responsible for delivering it to that person(s), be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication is strictly PROHIBITED.