Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2008, 03:52 PM
Rookie

Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver should be the first places to get it. Winnipeg? A bunch of Ukrainians live there... I'm Ukrainian and I can say that most Ukes don't know much about computers. They're mostly programmers, but can't tell the RAM from the HDD.
Old July 30, 2008, 07:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

My bet is Toronto as it is not too far from their New Jersey warehouse, and Pearson and hamilton airports are great hubs for shipping
Fold for team #54196
Old July 31, 2008, 10:32 AM
Banned

WOOT!
Old July 31, 2008, 11:33 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Just an update guys. There is a posting for two bilingual (English and French) CSRs at Newegg's California HQ in prep for the Canadian launch. At least this mean bilingual customer service for the French-speakers here in Quebec.

Other than that...well, I can't say right now.
Old July 31, 2008, 11:33 AM
MVP

I really hope its Ontario. Even though the tax will be higher then BC, I just hate having to wait so damn long when you need to RMA something with NCIX
Old July 31, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I hope its in the GTA area so I can Dump my Home Depot stinko job and get a hopefully better(and better paying, thou thats not hard coming from Home Depot :-P ) one at newegg :P
Old July 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

i heard it like 5 years ago or something...

i hope it would not like tigerdirect (or computerusa)

ncix is good if i am very lucky to have a very nice deal... but something its annoying when ncix gave me misinformation about price(s) or rebate deadline...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old July 31, 2008, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderhuzar View Post
Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver should be the first places to get it. Winnipeg? A bunch of Ukrainians live there... I'm Ukrainian and I can say that most Ukes don't know much about computers. They're mostly programmers, but can't tell the RAM from the HDD.
Well it's always good when you are in Montreal and want to purchase $1500 worth of components, to buy from Ontario or BC or any other province, you save $112 on the PST :D

I was told by a few online stores that a lot of their business comes from Quebec customers. The saving of the dreaded PST is a good incentive, because for that extra hundred dollar you save you can buy a better graphic card or other components. With all the components I purchased through the years I managed to save nearly $500 on the PST alone. What a ripoff, you pay high taxes and get less and less !
Old August 1, 2008, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I know I sound like a downer, but I just cannot get excited about this. While I am just speculating and have no proof or facts to back this up, I feel they will just come in and overcharge us, give us crap support and pull that same garbage with processing orders whenever they feel like it like all other online e-tailers in Canada. I do hope I am wrong, but it seems that companies in Canada love kicking the consumers whenever they can. If Newegg gives Canadians the same level of service and support they give to Americans, they could easily punish NCIX and all others since Newegg actually processes orders as they come in, not whenever they feel like it. I sure hope this is the case.
Old August 1, 2008, 07:42 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
I know I sound like a downer, but I just cannot get excited about this. While I am just speculating and have no proof or facts to back this up, I feel they will just come in and overcharge us, give us crap support and pull that same garbage with processing orders whenever they feel like it like all other online e-tailers in Canada. I do hope I am wrong, but it seems that companies in Canada love kicking the consumers whenever they can. If Newegg gives Canadians the same level of service and support they give to Americans, they could easily punish NCIX and all others since Newegg actually processes orders as they come in, not whenever they feel like it. I sure hope this is the case.
I think the CSR job openings are a very good indication that they are prepared to go to great lengths for us Canadians considering both opening are for FULLY bilingual CSRs. Last I checked only one Canadian etailer I have used in the past offers English and French support and that is Sohodiffusion.

If there are others then I will eat my words but from my experience, other out of Quebec etailers that are more than happy to ship nation-wide, couldn't give a hoot about the 8 million+ francophones who live in Canada.

In all reality, if this possibility of bilingual customer service is a sign of the things to come, then we may very well get Newegg's great service here as well.

Last edited by SKYMTL; August 1, 2008 at 07:51 AM.