Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2008, 04:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You know I'm predicting that eventually all chipset manufacturers will license all their stuff, so all platforms can try out anything, giving the best options for consumers.
Old July 16, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well being an Nvidia Fanboy i like the news bought an Ati card once gave me nothing but troubles went with Nvidia never looked back and been happy..... pats his 8800GT myyyy precioouuss
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old July 16, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am sure it will be a while but I can't wait to see the numbers produce by an Intel SLI setup I doubt though as long as AMD ATI keeps pace there will be little difference in performance.

Kudos to nVidia to making a good move once for its consumers and die hard fans.
Old July 16, 2008, 02:23 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
I seriously hope Intel got some cash from NVIDIA, because if it was a 1:1 licensing trade, then they got the short-end of the stick.
I don't think Intel received one penny from Nvidia. The nForce 200 bridge chip isn't bundled with the X58 at all. It is up to mainboard manufacturers on whether to include the nForce 200 or not.

It is Intel's own fault they. AFAIK they are still refusing to sell a QuickPath Interconnect license to Nvidia.
Old August 4, 2008, 12:31 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I don't think Intel received one penny from Nvidia. The nForce 200 bridge chip isn't bundled with the X58 at all. It is up to mainboard manufacturers on whether to include the nForce 200 or not.

It is Intel's own fault they. AFAIK they are still refusing to sell a QuickPath Interconnect license to Nvidia.
Yeah.

At first it sounded like Intel might be traded the QPI license for SLI capability, hence why I was surprised and figured that some cash had changed hands.

But since that is not the case, good job Intel!
Old August 4, 2008, 03:08 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

nVidia is leaving the mobo chipset business, they had to licence out SLI.
Old August 4, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

awsome, but this means i am going to be spending more money in the future.. damn!
Old August 4, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
That's right folks! Intel and NVIDIA have apparently set aside their differences long enough to agree on a SLI licensing deal for the upcoming Nehalem platform.
hmmmm soudns fishy to me - and all this happens at the same time rumors spread about NVIDIA getting out of the chipset market ? They deny the rumor, yet an anonymous, INSIDER reveals what they haerd. I dunno but when I read something like that, it makes me wonder if there is truth to this rumor.

Quote:
GeForceŽ GPUs, including the new, award-winning GeForce GTX 280 and GTX 260 GPUs.

Award winning by what standard ? LOL - a 30-40% failure rate and high return rate is hardly award winning in my books. NVIDIA is brushing this off - The GTX280 are NOT the only chipsets affected.