Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10, 2008, 09:43 PM
Associate Review Editor

Default OCZ Unveils World’s First SLI-Certified PC2-8000 Memory Kit

OCZ has recently introduced what it claims is the world’s first SLI-Certified PC2-8000 memory kit, which will feature 5-4-4-15 (Intel) or 5-5-4-15 (AMD) timings.
"Sunnyvale, CA—July 8, 2008—OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the latest addition to the award-winning OCZ NVIDIA® SLI™ certified series, the world’s first 4GB PC2-8000 SLI-Ready DDR2 modules. Optimized specifically for the nForce platforms, this series features an ideal combination of reduced latencies and high density to support the ultimate gaming experience. The PC2-8000 SLI-Ready Series are certified to run at optimal performance levels and are the ultimate upgrade for entry-level enthusiasts seeking an exceptional memory kit with true “plug and play” functionality at an excellent price point.

The OCZ PC2-8000 4GB SLI-Ready Series is the optimal memory solution for current and upcoming DirectX® 10 graphic-intensive PC titles and provides unsurpassed reliability and performance to unleash every graphic possibility. For enthusiasts, gamers, and system-builders using Windows® Vista™ as their choice operating system and who need the performance of high-speed memory, these newest PC2-8000 4GB Kits are the ultimate SLI certified memory upgrade to increase your system responsiveness. The new high-density OCZ PC2-8000 4GB SLI-Ready Series is equipped with NVIDIA Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) to optimize the modules’ gaming performance on nForce® SLI-based motherboards."

Press Release.

Product Page.
Old July 11, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Now this would be very relevant if there were any decent boards that could actually use EPP properly. To me, this is just a marketing scheme. I don't mind saving the money and manually entering my timings........