Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I can't get any information from Arctic Cooling regarding this...
Old July 27, 2008, 01:09 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
Where are the twin turbos?

I was expecting something that looked like this...

Is that an FD3S?
Old August 16, 2008, 10:36 PM
Rookie

The only web site I can find this thing on is ncix.com
Old August 16, 2008, 10:36 PM
Rookie

Here is the link

NCIX.com - Buy Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo VGA Cooler - ACCELERO-TWINTURBO In Canada.

Im going to contact them to see if I can get an availibility quote
Old August 21, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

When I finally get my damned expenses paid from work, lol, I plan on getting a couple 4850's and two of these coolers to go along with them,
the only think is that I'm anxiously awaiting a review that speaks on the Ambient, or Crossfire friendlyness... I'd assume that there would be a decent amount of heat generated in between the two cards specifically because there is no actual "exhaust" like the other (stock) cooling solutions...

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old August 22, 2008, 05:54 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Well...

I have 2 of these ordered, will be here Monday (8.25.08) for my dual G92 GTS in SLI.

My GPU temps are 47*C idle and 58*C with stock cooler and fans @ 40%, each re-seated with MX-2. Each card though does have an HR-11 on it.

I will pop the Twin Turbos on and test idle and load temps, MX-2 is pre-applied so using same paste. Fan speeds will be stock for now, and I will log them and compare to my stock cooler idle and load temp logs.

Results posted for anyone interested, and I hope their more reviews are being done too. I usually wait before buying anything, but this time I'm jumping in feeling these will do very well in an Antec 900 case with 6x 120mm fans and 1x 200mm fan.
Old August 23, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd like to see those results my temps are pretty similiar with the Akimbo on my 8800GT in sli, however the bottom tends to be about 3 degrees warmer then the top. I have been debating about trying something new and if you yield good results I will probably go with them.

EE
Old August 31, 2008, 09:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Using one of these on my HD4850. One thing I'm not sure of is if I got the power connected right to this thing. I've got the connector going to the video card's original fan connector, and then the y cable type connector going from there into a standard molex. The fans are supposed to be PWM, so I figure it uses the card's fan connector to get temperature information, while the molex connector powers it, but I'm not sure, would appreciate if someone can confirm this.
It cools fairly well, but it's a loud sucker at full speed, so right now I've kept it at 65% or so since the auto fan control on the HD4800's doesn't exist. At this speed which I would say is pretty silent, it keeps my card idling under 40 celsius and load seems to top out at about 57 celsius; tested using furmark. Pretty good cooling, but the noise level isn't what I was expecting.
Old August 31, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
It cools fairly well, but it's a loud sucker at full speed, so right now I've kept it at 65% or so since the auto fan control on the HD4800's doesn't exist. At this speed which I would say is pretty silent, it keeps my card idling under 40 celsius and load seems to top out at about 57 celsius; tested using furmark. Pretty good cooling, but the noise level isn't what I was expecting.
Pics?

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter