Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2007, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Virgin Launches Free TV Through Phone Lines

That Richard Branson is up to it again- Keep in mind that they're providing free-to-air channels for the testing which are nothing to get excited about, but this service is capable of 8Mbps downstream and thus has great potential for all kinds of media and internet. I'm not sure what they're hoping to offer once it's fully developed, but it looks to me like a great opportunity for pirates the world over. Where there's free-to-air, there's every sattelite network being hacked into.

"The VBox is capable of the following:
  • Over 40 free-to-air TV channels and over 25 digital radio stations
  • An easy to use eight-day, Virgin branded, on-screen TV guide
  • High quality reception plus access to interactive content via the red button
  • Customer service support online and over the phone
  • Plug 'n' play installation
  • Low power consumption using just 1/15th of the energy of a standard 60W light bulb"

More from Daily Tech