Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
Allstar

Default OCZ Introduces Do-It-Yourself Gaming Notebook Solution

OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today unveiled their pioneering Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Gaming Notebook Program. Under this program, users ranging from hardware enthusiasts to mainstream gamers can partake in configuring and building their own gaming-grade mobile solution. The OCZ DIY program enables users to purchase an unconfigured notebook and ultimately customize the system to their needs with the help of guides and direct support.

Thanks to competitive performance and enhanced portability of today’s notebooks, opting for a notebook as a serious gaming option has become increasingly the norm; the focus is also shifting in the DIY sector. OCZ has validated a complete range of components to ensure excellent component compatibility and quick and easy configuration the notebook, allowing consumers to configure the DIY gaming notebook in a shorter period of time than it actually takes to construct a regular desktop.

More...
Old May 14, 2008, 11:06 PM
Associate Review Editor

I think OCZ missed a golden opportunity with this product. As I mentioned in my news post, they should have made the GPU customizable.

ASUS has been selling D-I-Y notebooks for years, so a little innovation on OCZ's behalf would have gone a long way towards establishing them as a player in the enthusiast-oriented notebook market.