Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2008, 10:59 AM
Allstar

Default Ps3 -> Dvr

Sony has released something called PlayTV, a new device that will allow PlayStation 3 users to watch and record digital TV or radio via the console. The device will run you about $155 USD. No worries about compatibility either, it works with all versio...

More...
Old May 12, 2008, 09:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Ps3 Dvr

Sounds interesting, as the PS3 is already near capable of taking over my living room for most of my entertainment needs.
Old May 13, 2008, 01:28 PM
Rookie

Xbox 360 = disaster capable of setting your house on fire (if it's an earlier model), and the RROD RMA rate is reaching the 50% mark.
PS3 = still can't find anything wrong with it...
Old May 14, 2008, 07:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That sounds like an option worth having.
Old May 14, 2008, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not much of a PVR IMO. It's a step in the right direction but still lacking important features.

Quote:
Also, while you can't set it up to record your favourite shows automatically as with many other devices, PlayTV does have the advantage of a search by keyword function. It can, however, record specific timeslots.
If I were to buy a console right now... it'd be a Wii. 360 has a huge library but I can play most of it on PC. PS3's game offering can't even be condidered a library. And Blu-Ray players are going to get cheaper by Xmas 2008 and even cheaper by Xmas 09, so might as well wait if I want to go BR. Wii has a cool innovative control system and a small library of games you can't find on anything else. Plus it's pretty cheap. Star Wars The force Unleashed on the Wii is looking very cool too

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE